Respect the Harvest

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by arkrivercatman, Jul 22, 2009.

1. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I went fishin tonight and as I was walkin down the bank throwin the net this caught my eye.:angry::sad2::beat_brick:
    WTF is wrong with people? If you are going to keep them take them home and bury the carcass or throw them in the river. This is in the city limits and it isnt the first time I have seen fish on this tree. There were 7 this time, with the biggest about a 12 lber. Thats ridiculous.
    One of them hadn't even been cleaned.:angry::0a28: It had maggots crawlin all over it and the smell wasnt pleasant.
    What a waste. Im starting to hate people. Ive seen more of this crap this year than ever before. I am sick of people who show no respect for the river or what they kill.
    Your not even supposed to eat fish outta there.:confused2:
    Another poor excuse of a fisherman.:embarassed:

[youtubevid]UzG6i8INPAg[/youtubevid]

Attached Files:

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Kyle, That is just plan sick what people think is ok an right to do.:angry: It would be one thing if they took them home but what the @$#^ is the thing people have with nailing fish to a tree???:confused2: Is it just for someone else to see??:sad2:

Makes you want to nail them to the tree from there family jewels:crazy::eek:oooh:

Thanks for the video Kyle and for the post did you get any fish tonight??

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    No.:sad2::smile2: But I wasnt there very long. I think I threw the net longer than I fished.:tounge_out::smile2:

4. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    what a shame :angry:

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    WTF! Thats jus plain ignorant. Ill jus stop there. :confused2:

6. Dead Red Rick

Dead Red Rick New Member

State:
    Kansas
    :angry: Just plain IGNORANT

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have seen more stuff like that hear in Ohio also,,,seems like more idiots are on our rivers than ever before

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thats a shame...

9. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Some people just have sh!t for brains.:confused2::sad2: :angry:

10. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    Stuff like that really ticks me off especially when I have to fish all day to catch 1 eater sized channel and a bass. People should have more respect for this sport, especially when so many of us spend every spare penny for our time on the water and the fish we catch. People need educated better is all, do your part and take a kid or someone who doesnt know much about our great sport fishing.

11. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    i dont know what id do if i were to catch someone doing that, but it probably wouldnt be good, i dont catch a lot of fish and the ones that i do usually swim away, i only keep what i eat, what is this guy gonna do with meat from 7,, well 6 flatheads and why let the one go to total waste, thas just bein a total @$$ hole. if any of yall ever see me doin some dumb sh** like that please punch me in the face to snap me out of it

12. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    This is a throwback to the early part of the last century when this sort of
    cleaning method was popular. But even then it was rude to do this on
    public property. Maybe bring a medium sized prybar with you next time
    or maybe just a big roofing hammer with a straight claw and take those
    carcasses down? No need to have passer's by nausiated by this display.
    I'd do it but it's too far of a drive for me. Wish you could use the prybar
    on the slob that did this. Know how to cuss in Mexican, Kyle? That
    would be a nice touch. On the bright side, you now have a chance for
    a random act of public service. Don't get caught, no good deed goes
    unpunished in this crazed world we are in by accident.

13. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Yeah thats the way my dad cleaned big cats but he took the fish home and did it there then properly disposed of the remains.People who do that belong out on the side of the highway picking up garbage:angry::confused2:

14. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    When I went down to the MDC over 4th of July I saw about a 3/4 mile stretch of road that had a carcass of 10+lbs fish on every utility poll, and they were up there pretty high. No way someone put them up there to clean them.:angry:

15. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I understand this was a way a while back to clean fish...Most of them as you all said it is done at home...
    It is a new generation that thinks it is cool to kill. Not for food for the excitement of the kill and as ya said there was even a cat hanging not killed. Sometime tells me these are the same folks that have no insides that tells them killing is wrong sport wise...
    I have been a member of the grant county human society forever it seems and I could type way to many stories ya would never believe as far as animal cruelty is involued....
    The % of these folks that purposely hurt animals for no other reason that the fun if it goes hand in and with abuses to the human race. 87% of the folks that will do this very act will hurt thier kids.
    Understanding that, on that side also understand that these same folks want you not to trust believe or hope. as ya said makes ya hate folks. I have said that very statement.Goodness I don't know how many times
    Then i reaized that the mean sob's would win and i refuse to allow that. I believe there is always going to be bad folks and there meaness will hurt. But there are good folks here too...........Don't let the mean ones when...Just take the extra steps to take down the what is left of the cats so our future fishermen the wee ones can hope too:wink:

16. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    nail them up a sign kyle:smile2:

17. here2learn

here2learn New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That's as bad as Michael Vick if you ask me. Innapropriate, ignorant, wasteful. It's hard enough to catch flatheads without people wasting them like that.

18. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    I'd nail something up, but it wouldn't be a sign. :eek:oooh:

19. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Somethun tells me he's out fighting crime right now.

20. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 New Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    I think doing that on public ground is wrong, but I do remember going to my dads friends house in the woods and he would have them hung up too. I always liked seeing how many and how big they were. He wasnt doing it to be gross or anything he probably just always did it that way. I dont hang mine up and the "waste" either goes in my compost bin or a hole in the garden. Leaving them there like that just gives ammo to the anti's out there that want to put a stop to what we all love. Plus you never ever kill anything that your not going to eat.