Respect for our fallen heros

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fwmud, May 28, 2006.

1. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    One of the ways we can mourn,celebrate and respect our nations many, many fallen heros, is to properly dispaly your flag at home or work.
    Tomorrow is a day when the flag should be flown at half-staff.
    remember, it's important enough for them to fight and die,then it should be equally important enough for us to remember for them. Take a moment, pause, reflect, and be thankful for the ultimate gift any person can give;
    Their life for yours.
    God bless all our service men and womwn.

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    This hits a sore spot with me as a veteran and the son of a veteran. i see flags all the time that are dirty, stained, torn, faded or abused in some other way. That is not the way to honor those that served this country. It is an insult! I had a neighbor a couple years ago who had a flag on a pole in the front yard that was so bad, half of it was missing. I said something to him about it and was told it was none of my business. WRONG! Well it hung there another month, 24-7, (with no light on it at night) until I couldn't stand it anymore. I finally went over there one night, took it down, disposed of it properly, and replaced it with a brand new one. The guy continued to fly it all night with no light but at least it was a clean, un-tattered flag. Show our country and it's veterans a little respect. If you are going to fly the flag of this great nation, display it properly, maintain it, and dispose of it properly when it is worn out!

3. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    heres a link with an email reminder when to fly at half mast.
    If you wish, I'll post another link as to how to properly dispaly your flag.
    Thanks for the above post.
    (I went out to check mine to make sure the auto light was on to shine on it)
    http://www.gettysburgflag.com/FlyFlagHalfMast.html

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Keith I had a couple Buds over and we had a couple buds, Light that is. I tried to give ya a Rp and I'm not sure what happen. If it was a - let me know cause my keyboard kind of got the best of me before I could stop it LOL. Anyway, I got to get up and be on road at 5am.
    God bless America. I hope all remembers and is thankful tomorrow. I have family overseas right now.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    God Bless the vets, past and present and the MIA's. From the age of 10, war has affected me. I have trouble comprehending such hatred but that is mankind, I guess.

Y'all take care.

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Amen to that Willie, Thank God for our veterans and pray for thier families and our President everyday. Not just on Memorial Day.

7. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Keith, I think it would be great to post the proper care instructions. God bless to all our fallen vets, and a big hug and handshake to those still with us who have served so bravely.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Keith great thread started, thanks to our our servicemen that have served our country. God Bless ya.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Excellent post Keith!

Thank God for all our people serving or that have served our great nation.

Also I agree with Billie about displaying our flag property.

10. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Our service men and woman past and present has my deepest respect. To me you are all "HEROS"!!! Thank you