Respect around boat ramps!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by duc dowg, Aug 7, 2007.

1. duc dowg

duc dowg New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    How many times have you been loading or unloading your boat and a sea doo or someone pulling a tube come flying by pushing your boat around with there wake? This happened to me on Saturday on Hartwell. I have a 25' pontoon that I was loading by my self. It's not that hard to do but when you have other boats come flying by inside the markers it can be aggravating. I thought that it is a no wake zone around boat ramps. Sorry for venting on yall but it was bugging me.

2. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    You are exactly right Brain. People these days do not have any respect for fishermen. This is a violation of the boating rules and should be reported. The next time see if you can get the numbers off of the side of the craft and call DNR. I am going to start carrying binoculars for this reason. I'm feed up with all these violators that don't have respect for us, mother nature, and the well being of the lake property. Ultimately we all suffer from people doing stupid things like this.:angry:

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    unfortunately you will find those morons every where you go. I was taught to ready my boat BEFORE I got to the ramp. I was taught to respect other boats whether anchored or under power. As long as there is alchohol and morons we will be fighting this fight. I wish there were more water patrol officers.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    They are everywhere, but some do get killed in boating accidents, so the herd is thinned somewhat. :wink:

5. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    What gets me ticked is when I go to monticellio at 99 ramp real early and a ton of people are camping in tents nothing really wrong with that, but they all have there boats docked while they are asleep and I have to pull up on the rocks to pick up who ever i'm fishing with. Those docks are not meant for all night docking.

6. skiff_2

skiff_2 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Here's my horror story. Cherry Grove, North Myrtle Beach ramp, people on the fishing dock, people fishing on the floating boat dock . Wrapped up my prop in 50 miles of some jerks line while trying to trailer. Had to paddle over to dock, wait for near ramp to clear, move my truck & trailer, and pull my boat onto the trailer by bow line. Needless to say, the jack*ss was long gone. Made me late too. Had a line cut the week before by some idiot in a jon boat who came flying by me while at anchor. Don't even get my started on the jet skiers. Can't blame the DNR though. They have thier hands full on the intercoastal. Rant over. :ah:

7. funflycrazy

funflycrazy New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Another story. I put in at the Santee state park over the weekend and road down around the wild life refuge to look around a little. I've been taught to run the channel point to point following the markers or you stand a chance of tearing up your boat on the unseen stumps and trees. On the way back 5 jet skiers, running single file, cut the corner at the 147 marker, making me come to a complete stop until they all went by. They looked at me like i did something wrong. i don't know the lake good enough to run it the way they did. Is there a right of way rule of thumb that i need to know. If there is please let me know cause im trying to learn the right way. Thanks.

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Sometimes a beat down will fix these troubles. The police/DNR may not agree but the averge fisherman does.