Required Drivers Ed.for the blind

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by peewee williams, Mar 10, 2006.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    It seems that Chicago requires it,s blind kids to take Drivers Ed.to graduate.At first I thought that was stupid.Then I thought.I bank at Bank of America.They have banks all over america.They have ATM units in parking lots for drive up banking.They all have instructions in brail.Bank America must think that they have blind drivers using the drive up units.Why would they waste the money if they didn,t? Seems to me,some of those drivers out there realy are blind.Take it from me,that is enough to scare the dead.How about you living?peewee-williams

2. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    You know I have seen those ATM machines with the Braille letters and it just never sunk in how silly that is. My dad is legally blind and still is known to try and drive. He thinks he can see OK but will spill all kinds of things and while ridding with you will suddenly point out the front window and yell, "look out" and duck down like your going to hit something. He sits back up and makes some smart a$$ remark like, "you just missed that one, want me to drive"? Ahhh, let me think about that one.... NO. Oh my!

3. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    sounds like to me just another fine way to blow money.

4. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    They are just using the same keypads in the drive up as they do in the walkups. One keypad for all areas.

This really go back to the common sense thing from a couple of days ago. Lawmakers have no common sense. Blind people do not drive, for blind people to take drivers ed, the books will have to be in braille and so on. Some idiot probably sued because their kid who could see could not pass drivers ed then they saw the blind people did not have to take drivers ed to graduate, so they filed a lawsuit. another fine example of wasted taxpayers money.

5. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    AMEN lngbo!!!! same thought

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Theres plenty of drivers there that can't see, and there not blind.. LOL
    Pete

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Am I going to get it for this one. lol
    Legally blind isnt the same as blind as a bat. Ive got a friend that is legally blind but still has a license. From what I remember him saying he sees blurs or can see the outline of shapes. Also I think its worse at night, or something like that. I am very glad however he does not drive but he used to. I dont like the idea of legally blind people driving either.