Reputation Points Help The Boc! We Need Help!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish_Commando, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Reputation Points:

I need the membership’s help :(

Many members go out of their way to answer new members and old members post each and every day. This participation is critical to our community, as new member and old members are looking for information that will help them in their current situation.

When you see a member reply with a great answer, “throw them a bone”, and give them a reputation point.

Believe it or not, it makes a person feel good knowing that others appreciate the solid input they provide.

Let’s rewards members who go out of there way and help the BOC with solid information, it does work, and you have the “power to reward”.

When you see it, let it go, “Reputation Points Work”, as long as we allow it to work.

Thanks,
    Paul

2. Catfish_Commando

State:
    Georgia
    How to Add / Subtract Rep Points is shown below in an image:

Attached Files:

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good post boss, rep points given.

4. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    rep points headin your way Boss great post

5. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    Just sent some to everybody

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I've already been doing that, rep points are kind of like a pat on the back, or high five.:)

Oh and yeah, some well deserved rep's coming your way bossman.:)

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    LOL double points for ya boss........

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hey now, starting to sound desperate. LMAO

9. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    It was so nice, he had to post it twice.

10. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Boss you will get no points from me for that post, but I am trying to give them to people who deserve them. I think the rest of you are missing the point of his message. When you read something that moves you in some way positive or negative respond with rep points. negative just means you disagree and positive means you agree. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, and it gives me something to go by as to how my fellow brothers feel about my comments.
    mmarcum6

11. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Yeah....

We all love the rep points- I hand em out like candy and am addicted to em like crack. Theyre delicious with maple syrup.

I uually give em out for great logical points, or when someone writes something that really really cracks me up or warms the soul.

I've never given negative rep out except to one fellow who was being belligerent in the NC state talk, and he ended up leaving over the neg rep he got. I figure that if nobody ever gave me any neg rep (and I think I probably deserve it every now and again and again and again) then why should I try and levy a 13 point negative blast on anyone else... ya know? It is good to have- in case someone forgets what brotherhood is and decides to be a creep.... but I wouldnt pull the trigger till Im sure they REALLY went out of their way to cause a fracas.

I dont know... Its good to have the guns... it just aint always right to brandish em. with 13 points at a whack, its like having rep-bandeleros strung across the chest... Ive gotta keep it in check so I dont hand negs out often.

12. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    I must have missed the memo on how to do it but now I know how and I have some catching up to do!

Thanks Paul!!!

13. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You learn something new every day on here. I had no idea what rep was for. LOL
    So while I'm at it, what gives one person more rep power than another person? Thanks

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The more post you make, Your length as a member, and the number of rep points you are given increase your rep power, I think.

15. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
  16. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Pretty cool, another snazzy feature on the new site:thumbsup:

17. hammerhead

hammerhead New Member

State:
    Henderson,KY
    See I'll hook you up!

18. Catfish_Commando

State:
    Georgia
    Reputation Points:

I need the membership’s help :(

Many members go out of their way to answer new members and old members post each and every day. This participation is critical to our community, as new member and old members are looking for information that will help them in their current situation.

When you see a member reply with a great answer, “throw them a bone”, and give them a reputation point.

Believe it or not, it makes a person feel good knowing that others appreciate the solid input they provide.

Let’s rewards members who go out of there way and help the BOC with solid information, it does work, and you have the “power to reward”.

When you see it, let it go, “Reputation Points Work”, as long as we allow it to work.

Thanks,
    Paul

19. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Been tossing more bones then Ol Mother Hubbard Paul. LMAO

20. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I read the FAQ section on rep points but, i'm still not fully understanding the whole thing. I guess i'm just dumb. LOL :confused:

For example:
    my profile shows that my Rep Power is 1 but, the green dot says I have Level 0 Reputation yet the number next to it says 25.
    Please enlighten me.

Eric