Reputation and ranks

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by topfuelkc, Jul 15, 2008.

1. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    How do you build your reputation and ranks or build your rewards on this web site. I joined the BOC and now my profile says I'm a apprentice. (a beginner) How do you become more involved in this club or organization. Can someone help me out with any of this

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you gain ranks based on the numbe of post you make, you get reputation by making meaninfull post and people click on the reputation icon for post that deserve reps.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If you post ,they will come!!!:cool2:

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    participation in the forums will take you a long ways. A small $10 donation will make you a star member and get you into some great giveaway contests from our sponsers

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i als might add putting up a avitar pic will help, along with just a 10 dollar donation to the site will go a long way. personally i tend to give out reps more freely to people who have a star, it shows you are serious about the success of the site.

6. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks for the info. I do plan on making a donation later this week. I'm working on a new avatar.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    The folks on here are pretty friendly and it will be no time until you have some rep built up. As for awards it is a little more difficult. Try to contribute as much as possible and Help people out. You can also get awards by catching a fish that qualifies for the Hall of Fame

8. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ken welcome to the BOC

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    most everything is a on. donateing $10 gets ya a star membership. witch get ya in on all the contests and giveaways ther offering as long as ya post "sign me up" in the area.

reps. catch a big fish and make a post with some pics/ take your kids or families kids fishing and post a story/ tell a good joke/ post some pics of an old fish trip/ things like that get reps. or post info in reguards to a question.

i was like you in 2004. and now a well, established member yet still have my querks with some. just be cool till your known. make sure never to cuss or impose on one one in a personal level. if ya have problems send a message to a staff member.

and posting some pics of yourself like some have said. will make ya more of a friendly face. send me or most any member a personal message. well be glad to help ya with that.

you have gotton some reps from me just as a welcome to the board. come join the family. all is welcome.:wink:

heck ya have over 50,000 reps points already..

10. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Just be your self and post with good honest info and feedback and it will come.:cool2:

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    This is the type of post that I prefer: Honest! Most people on here will tell you everything they know about fishing or fishing spots, that is why I come here. Good, Honest folks

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Just make sure that your avatar is a pic that shows you. You cannot have a pic of your truck or something like that it has to be a pic of you. It took me forever to finally get one with a fish now I just need a bigger one:smile2:

13. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas

still like the jacket:cool2:

14. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    Yep everything they said, ya may be like me, i usualy get reps for the fish i catch but i have had a few for the info i gave , just stick with it a bit you will see how it all comes together ! :big_smile:

15. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    What do you attain rank level?

personally, the reps/thankx/etc Do not Motivate me to post or offer information...As I feel the friendliness and helpfulness of the site is more important.

but that being said I appreciate the fact, that you Can show someone you liked their post, enjoyed there accomplishment, or were interested in their thoughts.

16. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    check out quick links @ the top of the page FAQ

17. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ken, Welcome to BOC.

I'll say about the same as others. The first thing you need is a face avatar. Then just be yourself. Spend a lot of time reading other post, you'll catch on before you know it. :big_smile:

18. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    For this to be an "honest" post, it should read..."This is an honest post. Send me 10 bucks and I will rep you as often as I'm allowed to, so get in line." LMAO.

19. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well i made my donation to the club, I sure hope it really helps out the organization. I'll do all I can to help out when needed. If anyone ever needs any help with anything just ask , I'll do my best.:wink:

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    alright. ide rep ya again for that but i have to spread it around first.:wink: