Republican River

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Here's a couple of pics of Jerald and me(?) down below the tube day before yesterday. No luck though.

Attached Files:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Good pics Jim. Do you and Jerald have 2 way radios so you can talk to eachother that far away?:smile2:
    I bet it was just nice to do some fishin.

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I was only about 20' from Jerald when I took the closer one, I actually walked down there, pole, beer and all:roll_eyes::smile2:, yeah, it was nice, really windy thogh, the wind was coming down that river channel pretty hard. Folks had been catch some Walleye down there, but we didn't get lucky.:sad2:

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Did you try netting any shad down there Jim?

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    It was a choice, the beer or the net, no shad, so guess what went with me:smile2:. No, didn't have the net with us, haven't seen any down there yet, we were using frozen shad and worms.
    Haven't seen any on the shorline of the lake yet either. They're out there though. When I went down my the CC boat ramp, the ice was just covered with crows and eagles pecking in the ice. This ice melts, we should start seeing some come floating in. I'm leaving for Witchita tomorrow and won't be back till Friday. I'm sure Jerald will cruise down there and check it out.