Reps????

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by One Legged Josh, Aug 20, 2008.

1. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im getting used to navigating the site a little better now after being here for awile. I would like to thank all of my Ohio Brothers for the helpfull info.
    But, i havnt figured out what "reps" are and how you use them? Is it like someone thanking you for a post?
    Thanks again Ohio guys! olj

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Josh! That's correct. Reps or Reputation Points are given by someone on a post they like reading. Many of the members that have been members of the BOC have millions of rep points. Keep on a posting and you too can deserve them. It just a way of showing appreciation for someones post or thread. In the upper right corner of the post you will see a star. This is the rep button. Clicking on it will give the person reps. You build up rep power by submitting more posts and receiving reps from other members.

Hope this helps!!:wink:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    It is important to control yourself when issueing reps. Not all post deserve them and they should be used for post that are deserving.............. otherwise they mean nothing!

I use them for new members who have no reps and for post that I feel I find useful or a quality post that will help others. General conversation that don't provide help gets nothing from me.

Be aware that you can also lose reps which is now my policy for anyone who makes a post asking for "free reps"

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I give new members a rep for joining, after that intrigue me. :cool2:

5. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    THANKS FOR THE INFO EVERYONE!

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    A person making a post that has value an merit far exceeds the rep points that are awarded. A valueable asset is in almost all the post that are on this site. So many questions with more answers that are remarkable. If ever in doult on a question an you may have twenty people posting I am sure within reason you'll find every lodgical answer! I hope this made sense. What I have tried to say was if you cannot find an answer here on the site you probably will never find one!