Reps

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bill in SC, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I frequently rep folks, and they rep me back because I repped them. I appreciate it, but I don't see where reps are earned because you rep someone else. I think reps should be earned from providing pertinent information, not from repping someone else. That being said, should I rep folks who rep me, just because? Just wondering what's proper for this situation?
    BB in SC

2. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm technically challenged and still don't know what reps are?

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    If I want to give reps I give em`, I don`t think there is rep etiquette. IS there ?? LOL !!!

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That's the word I was thinking, when I posted. (etiquette) :smile2: I just want to do the right thing.
    BB in SC

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I will rep a new member as a way of saying welcome. I dont expect a rep back just because. Other reps are for things that interest me or good deeds. etc.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I sometimes rep folks that rep me frequently just because,But I mainly give em as a compliment for a post ,or great info to help someone out. I like to rep new members as well to welcome them .

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yes, I certainly like to rep new members as well. It makes me, and them feel good, and welcome.
    BB in SC

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I dont rep cause someone signs up. It really depends that is why its up to each member. I will be respectful to new members. Heck I consider someone new who may have been here a while and I aint notice them. 22K folks and my brain. Its hard to keep up. You will not get a rep from me just for signing up. Sorry. back in the day, reps was one at a time not 3K at a time. Now if you post something that I read that blows me away on your first post, I'll hit ya with a rep. I just dont do it cause you hit
    enter one time unless I knew ya before you came here.

I also dont rep just to get them back. I rep out of liking your being here, your inf post, maybe out of respect, I got different reason'n If I rep you, dont worry bout having to give them back to me. I dont do it to get some back. It aint no hard feeling on me if you never rp me and I have you. I sleep and wake up next day. Give it cause you agree, enjoy , your glad I'm here.or whatever, I dont need it cause you think I gave it to you so I could get some back. You can even hit me with a red one and I wont tell who did it. I might joke, but not tell.
    I aint a rep seeker but it is nice to know someone out there is glad I'm posting.
    Otherwise, I would leave.

It sometimes takes me a lot of time to post etc. Plus BOC and or my ISP has problems now and then. or new changes, i most times dont bother with them. Sometimes it dont work for me and I move on.
    I forget to rep and thank folks and I have a slow ISP. i've only ran out of dust very few times and I read that folks run out daily. I forget but its no offense to anyone who reps me.
    Today I rep several folks, by the time it came up and I click, I was ready to shot gun my PC cause I was sitting at ideal waiting . I got ADHD. LOL
    I do admit, I spread more to the folks I mess with daily than those I dont read post cause I just aint in that part of BOC reading . Heck, do it they way you want and dont worry bout it.
    And I got a couple good friends who I think barely got reps from me. I forget at times.

9. just a redneck

just a redneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    i like the idea of rep points most poeple say it means nothing but when i first started it did make me feel welcome and it does take time to give someone points. and if most poeple think they dont mean anything i would like to think someone with alot of points has some useful things to say or listen to for someone else to take the time to give them.

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOL I actually just got my only negative rep! It was posted from this thread, but was obviously in response to my leaving the High Intensity section today. I got what I took to be an ugly explanation of the negative rep from a fellow forumee. I won't call any names, and I'm not sure that he does not have me confused with someone else. His note to me was:
    <
    you ok, bill? does my neg rep help you in your indeavor? drop the drugs/alcohol.....if you don't want to be here, then don't be here>First off, I'm trying to figure out what endeavor I posted that I was on. Secondly, I don't drink nor use any hard drugs, EVER. I tell you, people are sure hard to figure. I wrote and told him to negative rep me everyday if he wished. I ain't about reps anyhow. Let's go fishin'! :smile2:
    Bill in SC

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Bill they are your rep. points.You earned them. You can do what ever you want to do with them.
    smokey

12. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    the only bad rep I ever got was because something I said about control freaks,
    it would appear control freaks don't like being called CONTROL FREAKS,,,LOL

give thanks and reps to who ever,and, when ever you wish. it is a good think to do.LOL
    I even gave good raps to the one who gave me the bad reps.and told him thanks,,,LMAO

13. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Negative reps? How cs is that? LOL, somebody never left the playground!