Reports

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CATCHUP, Jul 28, 2006.

1. CATCHUP

CATCHUP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    has anyone been catching any cats on badin lately.thinking about going this weekend. i didnt know if the water was to hot or not. any info would be app.

2. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    I am going up Sunday and stay to Thrusday. Hoping to get into some cats out of Arrowhead Campground (Cove Boat Landing). Be my first time to really fish at Badin.
    Good luck to all.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Good luck I hope you get into a mess of fish.

4. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Fished last thursday, the water temp was in the mid 80's, bait was easy to get in anywhere in site of tuckertown dam. The fishing was slow , caught only one channel. It has to pick up sometime.

5. CATCHUP

CATCHUP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Fished Friday Night Only 1 Channel Then Started Catching White Bass .caught Maybe 10 Or So On Badin Maybe Next Week Ill Try Another Lake .thinking About Upper High Rock For Cooler Water Since Its River Fed What Do You Guys Think.?

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey, I think it could be tough anywhere right now, You can't catch them at home in the the air condition though. I might try Tillery in the morning, and see what happens.

7. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    WE fished Monday and caught 1 blue 5 lb and 4 channels in 1,2 to 2 lb range. Several brim. Heat drove us off water. Monday night had boat troubles and had get parts on Tuesday and could only fish for hour or so before heat sent us to shade. Wednesday we got 2 blues about 2 lb each one channel 3.5 lb (by scale) my wife had great time catching him on ultralight rod. Heat sent us to bank by noon. Thursday I was just worn out and sat under the AC and talked about fishing with the wife. We came home today. It was great time out but heat was terrible.

8. CATCHUP

CATCHUP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well made it to high rock saturday took my father in law with me he doesnt get out to much so we got a late start .got in the water maybe 10 or so went up river with no luck. came back down towards damn .caught 1 ten pound flat on cut shad.maybe 5or6 channels of no size.started catching whit bass kept a few nice ones then left abuot 530.preety fun trip.lots more bikinis in the daytime.