Reports for Wateree

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gotta go, Dec 6, 2009.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Well you can tell its almost tournament time, no one is saying much:smile2: come on guys let me know what kind of bait to use:big_smile:

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I have not been down to Wateree for catfish in many months. Hopefully I can get down there a couple of days this week to see if there is anything to pattern.

Its a two bite tournament; no point in trying to catch small ones. Only two positions take home money. Two whoppers can come anywhere on the lake in December, either drifting or anchoriing.

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.

4. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.

And deep:wink:

5. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I beg to differ on that one,You would be very surprised:confused2::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC

Well that narrows it down.... Everyone fish Shallow on Saturday:wink:

7. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    cut or live fish will do it for ya Dean, lol!:wink:

I dont think you forgot how to fish wateree in a couple weeks.

8. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Shallow, deep or in between- thanks for the advice.:eek:oooh:

9. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    This combined with a Low Falls Skipjack should be a winner!:wink:

10. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.

Now Marty,would I ?!:wink:

11. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for all the info, i will just drift from shallow to the deep using cut bait and live. Thanks guys, ya are all heart:smile2:
    OH! and if i catch a big fish i will drop anchor and catch the other one.

Plan B::confused2:

12. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    PlanB
    I heard a story from a friend that has a friend that was a scuba diver and he said that the cats at the dam was as bigger than the divers-some as big as VWs.
    Its gotta be true-it came from a friend.
    Dean-might be worth looking into, lol!:wink:

13. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Dean all the BIG STUFF fish are being caught east of marker 22!!! :wink:

Everybody knows that!:roll_eyes:

14. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    You know that Dam story (story about the Dam, that didn't sound right did it) but anyway, it must be big VW's on every Dam cause when we were out in Okl.i heard that same story about Lake Hugo, then while in Texas i have heard the same thing about a lake there. Then a guy in Rock Hill has a friend that went down at the dam at Wylie and seen catfish so big that it skeered him:smile2: seems to me Bowlerman caught that huge 62lb fish at the dam, i know of a 100lb cat that was caught at the dam @ the tailrace. Now all of this info came from friends and there friends so its got to be 100% correct but to be sure i think i will buy me one of those camera's that go under water and me and Big Bird (friend, witness) will go check out all of these Dam stories:tounge_out:

15. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I love when someone who is NOT an avid fisherman finds out I am, then proceeds to tell me that tale like it is the gospel truth.

:smile2:

16. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thats not a bad idea then place your 2 lbs gizzard in front of him then hold on for that vw sized blue

17. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I know, you wouldn't believe the people that tell me the same thing. Now when i hear it i just smile.

I wonder sometimes who got it started

18. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    So thats what happened to all the VW's. A bunch of hippies got stoned, painted them up like catfish and drove them off the dam!:smile2: Hey at least someone found something their good for, as Bowlerman would say their structure!

19. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    has anyone fished this week if so how did it go hopefully better than me got my first skunk in a while weds evening that sucks only had three pull downs :embarassed::embarassed::embarassed::embarassed:

20. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Jason i went today and would had been skunked but ended up getting 2, small cats. I had trouble getting bait at first and when i finally got them had trouble finding the fish. When i finally found them hidding, they didn't want my bait. I drift over them, anchored over them and finally just droped the anchor on there head:smile2:. It wasn't a real good day:sad2:
    Hey i did catch 2 probably a total of about 6lbs. Did see a couple other people fishn, looked like they were in the same boat as me. Beat up from fighting the wind:big_smile: