Reported Tornado Touch Down At/Near Dayton Mall

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 11, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Were any BOC folks near this twister? I guess it happened an hour or so ago. I was watching channel 7, I guess they are/were on there way to investigate.

2. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I was out on a hike with my woman when it happened. I wanted to go scouting the GMR down here, and she wanted to come with me. The weatherman said not to expect any rain except for a few isolated spots. It poured on us the whole time. She took it like a champ though. We were out for about an hour and a half, and right at the end, the tornado sirens started going off. I really didn't think nothing of it. But for her, it was time to go back to the car. I guess it was a smart call. This was probably two miles away from tornato.

This is the second time in a week I have been on the river in a tornado warning. Last Monday night, me and the woman were camping up north on the GMR, when we woke up in our tent at 7:00 am by tornado sirens. One of these days it is going to catch up with me.

Hope everyone is ok.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like we had a few small tornados touch down tonight. From what the reports said they were F0-F1's.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope you all are OK.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LIAR! You wanted me to get sucked up, so you could take all my catfishing stuff, ESPICALLY my two rod holders. :lol:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those were my rod holders, and I hate the day I gave them to you, you need to rep me for giving you those things!

7. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Now now boys...play nice....LMAO:roll_eyes:

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes that was the kindest thing Jack ever done. I dont know how I fished w/out those rod holders.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    For circle hooks they are much needed, I need to repaint mine, and put some new tape on them.

10. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    yes, i need to do both to mine too!

11. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i was wondering what all those sirens were about! we were fishing down in miamisburg/franklin area when they started goin off. it came a gulley-washer but luckily we brought the tarp so we didnt get wet.:big_smile:

12. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    I wish another F5 would have hit Xenia. God hates that place man. Wipe it off the map as far as im concearned. Has anyone ever seen the movie about the xenia tornadoe? Its called Gummo...a really f'ed up movie.

13. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio

Were they biting at all? I had a feeling they would be moving with the rain we got. It has been a while since it last rained. I had no bait though, have to wait til tomorrow.

14. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we had a small window in the weather where everything stabled out and fish started hitting, it only lasted about an hour then clouds started rolling back in. hooked into a monster and it spit my bait, dont think i got a good hookset. ended up catching about 8 flatties, biggest was 11lb.

15. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I personally wouldn't wish that on anyone. :angry:

They said we had one that touched down here right outside of town and another went straight over ahead but didn't touch down. They said Clarksville got some damage and around Wilmington but we didn't get any. :smile2:

16. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    [FONT=&quot]You two best play nice or someone might drop a house on you!

[/FONT]
    LOL... You two are HYSTERICAL!
    _

17. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Glad to hear everyones alright.

18. Jackfish

Jackfish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I drove by Jokers and the carpet store it hit - tore up the carpet store pretty good, the roof was laying 1/2 off the store, down the side and part of it on the lawn, Jokers damage didn't look as bad -

19. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Man we got some pretty nasty storms in KS. last night too. No tornados but 70+ mph wind...

20. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    don't feel too bad mellon. jakki was sposed to pay buckeye tom MONEY for the pole holders and he never did. guess yhay wadn't jakki's to give huh.