REPORT POST Button

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cattledogz, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    A lot of members make a post and then wonder where it went.

Recently many posts went MIA during the migration to the new and better server that Paul purchased to help improve the BOC.

But, there are several that appear missing because members are using the REPORT POST button as a reply button despite the fact the letters are in yellow and it says REPORT instead of reply.

The REPORT POST button is for reporting posts that you find offensive, abusive to another member, containing information not allowed in BOC posts, etc.

Posts made with the REPORT POST button do not show up on the board at all. They go to the staff so that potential problems that are reported can be looked at as soon as possible and appropriate action can be taken.

So please, use the REPORT POST button to REPORT posts only and you won't have to retype a post you intended as a reply to another post. :big_smile:

The first image is the REPORT POST Button
    The second image is the one to use to reply to posts

Hope this helps those of you that were not sure

Attached Files:

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    i cant give rp right now but will later.
    Thanks

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    READIN IS FUNDAMENTAL! LOL!

4. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Remember that you are trying to explain something that has nothing to do with catfishing. Good luck with that.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    this right? Even a blind hogg finds a acorn every now an then.:eek:oooh:

6. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Does this website come with instructions ??? :crazy::crazy::eek:oooh:

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I can see where the uniform look of the buttons might cause members some trouble. Maybe if it simple said report and not report post?:0a36::confuse::big_smile_2:

Thanks
    David

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Maybe it just needs t be put more by itself. It's easy to hit the wrong button when they are all bunched together like that. Even though it's yellow but being between the Thanks button and the Quote button not good for old eyes like mine. So I just try to be extra careful when punching buttons.JMHO

9. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    That has been tried in the past. Thanks for the suggestion though!

10. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Did you have the same problems in the past or just since the buttons got a new look?
    Sorry if it was a stupid suggestion!:crazy:

Thanks
    David

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Since it's a problem for some people, how about using "Report Abuse".

And the one on top left, "Reply to Thread".

12. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Yes David, same problem in the past.

By no means was your suggestion a stupid one. It was a very good one actually.

Thanks again.

13. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    That is all I was getting at. Anything but the word "post".:big_smile: Symbols are easier to distinguish than blocks with words in them. At a glance people can and apparently do make mistakes and hit the wrong button. Possibly symbols that tell what they do when you place a courser over them.:confuse:

Thanks
    David

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Appreciate you and other staff members for all you do it is much appreciated by me. I will personally strive to look before I punch cause I can be guilty of being in a hurry and hitting the wrong button.:embarassed: Sister Pat

15. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    I dont have a POST button, I have a blue comment button on the bottom left all by its self, simple no confusion :big_smile:. But what is the SECRET button for ?????

16. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    People see pictures better than words. Kinda like the Wal-Mart shopping cart where secrets is now. I like the yellow color, probably should leave that. That button was originally called the "rat" button before you changed it. Very appropriate. If you put an icon of a rat in the yellow button format it will eliminate any confusion.

17. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia

LOL! We will forward the complaints to you.... Hmmmm... I will bite on this idea :smile2:

18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

LOL! Imagine the messages ya would get if it said report abuse. LOL! I can see it now.

19. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

That could actually be cause for another server upgrade due to overload! LMAO!:after_boom:

20. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    REPORT POST, REPORT POST, REPORT POST... Man, why can't I get this button to work! :confused2::smile2:

Yeah, I kinda liked that little shopping cart--thought I was for sale. I was wishin' someone would buy me, but they never did! :angry::wink: