report poachers

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by drpepper, Apr 11, 2009.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Limb liners fishing illegally -etc. I did.... And I plan to keep on them for as long as it takes to motivate them to get off their asses and keep crooks from stealing OUR fish! T.I.P. Email & Violation Response Form http://www.in.gov/dnr/lawenfor/3073.htm

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    BTW I used this site to explain what was going on and how they could be caught if they would at least TRY.

Last summer a guy that was bass fishing on the bank called them on me TWICE in two days because he thought I was catching and using undersized SM bass for bait ( good for him---he told me this later) Of course I wasnt, but even so, I never seen hide nor hair a DNR officer.... even when I got back to the ramp.

But anyway, program their number in your cell and use it when you see a poacher... wether bass or Illegal catfishing.

You might not think it, but it part of the reason you all are going out and coming home and making posts on the BOC about catching nothing.
    In the summer, when the river is down, and flatties are sticking to the holes between riffs... they become fished out quickly by limbliners.
    and the dinks you might manage to catch probably have ripped lips or holes in them.....

3. Beehunter

Beehunter New Member

State:
    Goosepond Marsh, Indiana
    I thought limb lines were legal in Indiana if they were tagged with personal info and under a certain number of lines?

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yeah its a shame more fish mongers dont get tangled in their trot lines. lol
    we founds some evidence of traps around here a few years ago and now the COs are worse than skeeters on the rivers here. we were checked loading up at a creek at 3:00am in the middle of BFE! surprised he let us go, me and polecat trashed a 30pack that evening. maybe he just appreciated what was on the camera and not in the boat?:wink:

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Unfortunatly they are but.. these guys setup more than allowed and break every law pertaining to limblines.... it's why they don't tag them... I would bet they don't even have a lic. I'm talking about criminals.

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    We've got a problem with limb liners on the small creek we fish down in Shelby County. We mostly go after smallmouth bass, but limb liners have killed the catfish population in there. It's almost useless calling the DNR out there, I couldn't see them hiking 2 miles up fields and through woods to get to the holes where these people clean out the fish. I've come across 8-10lb channel cats and even a 7lb flathead before on one that was about half dead because they don't check their lines everyday. They never put contact or ownership information on the lines...so when we find them, we always cut them. I've got some really nice hooks, weights, and twine from these unmarked limb lines.

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    USE the link! http://www.in.gov/dnr/lawenfor/3073.htm

8. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Then where is the money for our fishing licences going to? You know I never see the DNR anywhere but here at the White in town.

9. Beehunter

Beehunter New Member

State:
    Goosepond Marsh, Indiana
    Well I enjoy setting out limb lines. Its been a while since I have done it but to me there is nothing funner than sitting around a campfire on a sandbar handlining and checking your limblines every hr or so, its a good time.

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Donuts? stupid research? overpaid staff? beats the crap outta me.
    It's eaiser to nitpick boaters returning to the ramp and fine the crap out of 'em if they've happened forget a lifejacket (easy donut money) than to stake out a river infested with poachers.

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yeah thats a blast for sure, we do it a few times a season. set out the lines on the way down and take them out on the way back up. sometimes it looks like you have a dinosaur on the line, the way the limb is bouncing. lol

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I always thought it would be interesting to stick say... a 3# bass or sucker on a limb line and see what grabs it....

13. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    thanks for the good post Bill... Ive called the DNR hotline several times in the past, most of the time, the dispatcher just acts like ive interupted their lunch break or something..

i think now after i call, im also going to email..

14. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was fishing a couple of weeks ago when I was approached by Dave reese a morgan county DNR officer he told me if i see illegal netting or limblining to call him or 911 and they would relay to him.. I watch him and a county officer arrest 3 mexicans at the IPL dam a few days later:cool2:

15. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I too have limblined but I follow the rules. Cause if I see one unmarked its cut instantly, If a fish is on it, it get released

16. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I use 3lb bass whenever I can on limb lines here. You can get some big fish with big baits. Got a 48 lb Flat on a sucker weighed 3-4 lbs.

17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats all good - but ol Daves' gonna have to get his ars in a boat and brave some elements day and night to get the boys I'm talking about.... it'll have to be a DNR mission. Yeah right, lmao.

18. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Do you mean a DNR Mission Impossible?:smile2:LOL!!!!!!!

19. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ha! I went fishing with a boc buddy and caught about a 2 or so pound sucker in the net and tossed it out.... he looked at me like I was nuts- lol channel cat fisherman:roll_eyes: