Report on the California aqueduct.

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by catfish slick, Jul 30, 2007.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Hey California B.O.C. brothers.
    Well the duct is finally starting to give up a few channel Cat. Last week we had a cool front come through and it cooled things down, so I went out in the afternoon and caught three fish one 10 pound one 8 and a three pounder. They were biting so fast I had a hard time keeping my hooks baited. well the next day the weather was back up to a hundred plus temp and they just quit biting. I fished all day and all I caught was a few pesky little stripers, so I decided I would try an all nighter, I just knew that if they were not feeding during the day that they would have to feed some time at night. Well I started the night off with a bang, by falling in the Aqueduct up to my neck. and if you know anything about the Aqueduct, and how swift it is, well you can just amagine how hard it would be to get out and especially at my age with bad lungs. Well, all I can say is the lord must have been with me that night, I just happend to fall in next to a ladder and was able to grab it and pull my self to safety. when I got out I had to set down to catch my breath and then I tried my cell phone. and it made one last call to my wife to ask for dry clothes and receive a good ass chewing before it fried. she had not an hour before told me not to wear my thongs with those slick soles, and I said not to worry mom I know what I am doing, turned out she knew what she was talking about, you would think after 47 years I would have learned that by now. Well I fished the rest of the night with out a bite, at six oclock I had the same bait on that I had put on the hooks before I laid down to take a nap. I have to say I learned a good lesson that night. A fellow should never fish alone, you should always have a fishing partner and most of all you better listen to your wife. Be carefull out there brothers and sisters, it can happen In the blink of an eye.
    Catfish slick

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Wow Phillip thank the Lord your alright ....... I fish the duct's all the time and yes they can be very dangerous :eek:oooh: just glad to here your alright buddy.

3. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    i can just see this happening. i rember when i fell off of a 6 foot bank in to the raccon river back home in iowa. you wanna talk about scary, the bank gave way and down i went right next to a log jam. dark, cold and scary.

thanks for bring back my night mares:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

4. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    As I've already commented on that little episode Via Email, Let me say that it's good to see you posting again. Keep us up on whats happening, Phil.

5. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    hey phillup, where were you fishing the duct is pretty long, went night fishing and i caught 6 small cats when i was at quaill lake a few weeks ago

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    So so many have drowned in the duct lucky you escaped DONT do that again LOL

7. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Will do Tom, It's happening just a little slow.

8. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Hi mike , I was fishing right behind the BV pump station. Good location most of the time. But not this time.

9. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Hi Vini, You can bet I am going to try to not let that happen again. I may not be as lucky next time, But I did get a new phone out of the deal.