Report from Warsaw

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just got back home, they're running plenty of water and would say that it should be that way at least though July if not longer. Fished Friday night, caught 10 or so blues, all in the 1-8 pound range, anchored at the buoys below the dam. Fished Sunday with no fish caught but I had my drunk girlfriend with me so I think that was the problem. Fished last night and caught 8 blues, all in the 1-8 pound range again. Talked with Spoonfish and some friends that were out there also, sounds like they did good too. Not sure what the deal is with the big fish, maybe still on the nest? Alot of the fish I did catch were pretty banged up, didn't keep any so not sure about eggs. Shad were a little tough to find, Drake Harbor after dark was where I got mine. Chris

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Chris, what happened to that pizza you were bringing back last night. We waited forever, but no pizza..... :wink: :smile2:

3. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Well Troy, I was hungry and figured if I even got close to you three with a nice hot pizza, that I'd get attacked! Steve called when I left to go get it and wanted to know if I'd already given up, which he knows I'm an all nighter when I get out. He laughed when I said that I was on a food run for a pizza. I guess its bad when I have the Warsaw Caseys telephone number programed in my cell phone. Too bad there's not any jet ski pizza delivery girls down there! I'll be heading down again for the whole month of July, starting July 4th so I'll see if we can get together. Chris

4. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    thanks for the report chris. atleast you didnt get totally skunked. the delivery girls on jet skis sounds like a pretty good idea to me, maybe not caseys girls...more like hooters girls to deliver hot wings.:smile2:

5. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Hmm, not sure what a Hooters in Warsaw would be like? Seriously though, I'd love to see a Denny's or Waffle House, something that stays open all night, sucks to get off the water and be wanting a hot meal with nowhere to go. Chris

6. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    ive never actually driven around warsaw but im suprised they dont with as many fishermen that go there. i would think it would be a good idea for them to put one in

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I vote for a 24 hour HooTers.....:big_smile:

8. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Well, call me crazy but I just sent Waffle House an e-mail suggesting that they look into putting up a restaurant in Warsaw due to the lack of late night establishments. Seems like any late night restaurant would be a good deal, fishermen, hunters, traveling people, tweakers :smile2:. Chris

9. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    There is a great place to eat in warsaw, It is open 24/7. It is the greenwood Inn :smile2:

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I did have fried chicken in the cooler. Good thing, Chris would have let us starve to death out there.....

11. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    i dont think its crazy at all. it probably wouldnt hurt for a bunch of us to send one. i dont know if it would help but atleast we could say we tried. im not sure if hooters is such a good idea atleast for me. i like them hot wings but it might make for a miserable all night fishin trip heading to the bank every hour:smile2:

12. KSCats

KSCats New Member

State:
    Neosho Rapids, Kansas
    I'm glad to hear somebody caught some fish out there. I went Saturday about 9pm. I gave up at 2 am. Lots of nibbles but didn't catch anything. I did have one good bite but it happened to be on the one rod I hadn't changed the line on.:angry: I had my son and niece catching perch for bait, couldn't find any shad. They had fun with that. My wife and my two brothers were there too so it was good even without big cats.

13. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    I think he even delivers. :0a20: I think he will supply fishermen fresh bait too. Right from his bait tank.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well i guess that could be another part time job for me ,i could put some speedos on and deliver pizza ,beer , bait ,I would look good out there LOL:wink::smile2::tounge_out::crazy:

15. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    The waffle house thing sounds good , the perfect spot would be that place that closed next to the swinging bridge ,they could pull up to the dock ,walk up eat a good meal ,get back in the boat and fish agian

16. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I went from a visual of hooter girls and hot wings to Robert dressed in speedos. :eek:oooh: Im not so sure that business would do very well. :smile2:

I think I will just bring some bologna sandwiches. Than again if he delivers bait and beer?

Im going to fish again tonight. I need a good one for the fish-off contest. I went to the city park ramp this morning and it's up over the ramp so they are releasing some good water today. Should be a good night to fish.... Will give you all a report tomorrow on how I do.

17. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I vote for a waffel house with hooters girls working there and they deliver on the jet skis. Hope the fishing is good this weekend. Thanks for the report Chris.

Tom

18. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    Hey guys Brad's tourney Saturday is gonna be a dandy!!! I am sure we are gonna have 20 boats minimum!!:big_smile: Which means a great tourney and an awesome pay out.:smile2: Weather is supposed to be good and i just hope the fish are hungry!!! Tourney runs from 7pm to 8am and launches from Kaw Point. Hope to see some of ya!!

19. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Craig,

They are also having a night tourney at Warsaw this weekend. Good luck to everyone.

Dave

20. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Do you Deliver? I am usually within Ten miles of the Dam.
    :smile2: