report from murry lock

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by roostermandave, May 31, 2008.

1. roostermandave

roostermandave New Member

State:
    Cypress Bayou, ARKANSAS
    today was a fun day ,started out about 7;30 am ,notice alot of fisherman already on the drake,and hydro snagging, walked over to the gates all were wide open ,river was high up to the top of the tie down platform,had to fish from the top of parking structure, first fish on approx 8:15am, nice size drum about 13 ibs, next fish was caught on cut skip jack at 9:45 am small flathead about 10-12 ibs, tried one more time and landed yet another drum on shad,at about 10:eek:oam. started to get alil warm so decided to pack it in for the day so some very nice cats caught however on the hydro side still pretty much rocky, so save your supplies, you will lose alot of tackle there right now. until next time i will try to keep yall posted...

2. roostermandave

roostermandave New Member

State:
    Cypress Bayou, ARKANSAS
    saturday 6-7-08 ,went just below the hydro run off approx 75 yards from the end of the dike on hydro side caught 4 cats there in 3 hours the pb for the day was 17ibs,all blues,bait fished with sj,and crawlers.water is still running very high on the lock side with several folks catching a few blues and channels 60 yards from the gates.i will not fish again til the water is down which should be around late june to july.

3. John6518

John6518 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I fished Saturday night on LR side of Murray from 7:00 pm until 1:00 a.m. and not a bite (live bait and cut). Sunday afternoon and into evening (June 8) I checked with fisherman on both sides and no one catching anything worth mentioning. Your catch Saturday morning was great!

John