Report from MDC Catifsh Regs. Meeting?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Mr.T, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Any of you Missouri boys make it down to Marshall last night for the MDC meeting on the propose trophy catfish zone on the Missouri River?

How about a report??

2. mriradik

mriradik New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i didnt make it to marshall but i did go to the meeting in glasgow.alot of good points were brought up but i think all but 3 people voted against it.what do you guys think about it?

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I wonder how the commercial fishermen voted?

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sounds like other than 3 people there the only ones that showed up.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    There aren't any commercial fishermen on the Missouri. Commercial catfishing was banned 10 or 12 years ago.

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I think there are some very good ideas and options about the proposed lenght and creel limits. Even if your a die hard Meat-Hunter unless you have a family of 12 or more to feed one 30 inch fish a day should be plenty. I would personally like to see them implement it state wide.

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    There are still commercial fishermen on the Missouri. They just cant take game fish. Catfish are game fish. They can still legally take carp, buffalo, shovelnose sturgen, drum, quillback. But rest assured sir there are commercial fishermen on the Mo.

8. worm

worm New Member

State:
    missouri
    I had a friend that went. I got hung up could it make it.Anywys he said that Marshall was the most positive meeting they had. But the trotliners still outvoted them by about 10. I have been in touch with a missouri Biologist said they were probably not going to anything because of to much hell raising by the trotliners.

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    It figures. The people least likely to throw a fish back are the ones they listen to. You know the problem is not enough sport fishermen attending the meetings. I dont believe they have one close to me. I will have to check it out.

10. worm

worm New Member

State:
    missouri
    Anyone of you guys that missed a meeting can go the MDC web site. Click on the catfish meetings and down load a print out ballet fill it out and mail it in. For those who dont know they only want to try this from Jeff city to Glascow. Several of us have been trying to get them to expand it from border to border. I would strongly advise writing an extra comments on this ballet. I WOULD HOW EVER NOT USE THIS AS A PERSONAL COMPLAINT SHEET. Take your time think about what your lobbying for. YOUR KIDS AND GRANDKIDS RIGHT TO ENJOY A SPORT WE ALL LOVE. Hopefully there willbe even larger fish for them to catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!