report from Badin 8-25-09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by powerwagon, Aug 26, 2009.

1. powerwagon

powerwagon New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Went out on the toon boat last night looking to get some cats but we ended up in a feeding frenze of white perch! Thay where runing shad for about 3 hours. All to gether the 4 of us got 40+ on ultra lights and spoons. Saved all the big ones(6"-10") for eating and cut up the small ones (4"-) for cat bait. Got 2 chanelcats one 28" the other23" and a nice blue at 31".
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Colton sounds like you had a fun trip :cool2:

3. catamount311

catamount311 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the report. How deep were yall fishing? I'm headed down this weekend still in search of a big blue. So far the past two weekends all i've got is channels. Been fishing from my dock in about 8-15 feet of water. You think i should go out in my pontoon and try my luck there or do you think the big ones will bite around my dock?

4. powerwagon

powerwagon New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Tell you the truth i HAVE NEVER catched a cat over 25lbs(on rod) so im not a "bigin" expert. We fished 4' to 10' deep with slip floats.We cut up the small perch for cut bait.When we got them home and cleand them the chanels had perch and shad in them.The blue had a belly full of shells and muscles?

if you want to chust have fun catchin lots of eating size cats try fishing the shalows a night with bobbers.

5. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Thanks for the rreport Colton and welcome to the BOC! Sounds like you had a good time!

6. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    Big fish move around so sometimes your dock could be best place, but sometimes not. do an exploration trip....dont stay in one spot but 30-40 mins, no bite move. when you find them sometimes you can stay with them a week or 2 before they move again....for me summer sux anywhere for bigins