Report 11/10/07 (Missouri River)

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Propshredder, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just wanted to give out what little info I could from an uneventful day on the river.
    Water Temp 51.5-52.4
    Area: Missouri River around the confluence with the Osage River around Mokane area
    Fishing: Real slow, fished for 6 hours with buddy and had 1 decent bite, a few other pokes and 0 (argh) fish. Fished the back of 6 wing dykes, all holes around 25 ft, also spread bait around to shallow water sloughs as well.
    Also marked very few fish on sonar. Did have a few big asian scare the hell out of us.
    Bait: Skipjack, shad, worms and even stink bait.
    Wind: S-SE 15-20mph steady. I'm beginning to believe the south wind is as bad as an east wind.
    Water Level: Had been steady for a few days, not much debris.

Sorry for the depressing report but hoped to help at least with water temp and maybe what didn't work for me.

2. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Carl,
    I fished the same spots a week ago , the river was higher and falling, we didnt do any good eather. Went Friday around the 50 mm in the Labadie area got skunked there also. Wanting to go tomorrow ,but doint know where to go.
    Paul

3. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Paul,
    Hope you have better luck tommorow. I'm hoping to get out on Wednesday myself. That was my first crack at that stretch of river, I liked looks of the Missouri upstream past the point with the Osage. I've also heard there are some good holes around the nuclear plant but that is downriver from the ramp and while I have confidence in my motor when it is cold and getting dark.....Let me know if you have any tips regarding that area (tips, not secrets :roll_eyes:).. and good luck. Drop me a PM if you ever want to try to hook up around that area, my work schedule is pretty flexible so weekday outings are possible.

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    The river is falling so much I think the fishing is going to be slow for a while:sad2: