Replies in the braggin area

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by gonecatn, Dec 18, 2007.

1. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    Since the BOC staff won't reply to me I take it to you. Why can't you reply in the braggin area? I wanted to give congrats to Radish for his big fish, but no replies are being accepted. If this is a no reply area then just let me know. Thanx

2. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    you can post under the MS State thread -Local MS Talk where the original thread that he posted about the fish is located

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    While Im not a staff member Im sure they are looking at your request. That would require a programing change to make it happen and like all things it just doesnt happen in the jiffy that you asked them. Have a little patience with them jeeese how many posts a day do you think they have to go thru and look at to see one like this that is dissing them? Realisticly you could just go into chat pretty much anytime and if you see one of the Mods on there you can ask at the same time in an Instant message where nobody else sees your discontent.

Do I think there should be replies in a bragging area NO, why do you ask well that is for them to brag about and nobody else that is there moment to shine and not have posts telling them they "killed" the fish by doing this and that. We have forums for a reason and that would be one of them. If you have a beef with the powers that be take it up with them not publicly on the board.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hi Dan,

That was a legitimate question and also I can see that you are new here. The reason they don't allow replies here is because inevitably there will be others who will try to take away from the persons moment or hijack the thread.:wink:. You can't please everyone all the time. Some will find issues with the way a fish was handled or some other thing. Some do not CPR and they will be blasted for that too.

It is a place for a good fish story to remain unmolested so to speak.

Thanks for your question.

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    If you aren't carefull, they might start calling you Lil"Phil Washburn, LOL!!!!

6. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    I don't think there should be replies in the bragging area. It's a bragging area, one way conversation. I guess another thread could be started if you wanted to congradulate someone but I think the bragging area was set up to let people have there moment undisturbed.

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180

Dan,

Who have you asked on the staff? I haven't seen anything. Everything within that section above is intentionally set so that any new post or new thread must be approved by a staff member. This area is intended to be for information only, or in the case of the member braggin area a place to capture a few great moments in the lives of our members. We don't allow normal chit chat or posts that are just general in nature in there. If we did, it would defeat our intentions here. If you want to make a comment to a member who's work or achievement you see in there, give a rep, send a PM or just click the thanks button. If you really want the whole board to see your comments, you can go to the appropriate section on the board and create a thread with a link to the article you like and make your comments there. I hope this explains it. Thanks.

8. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thank you all for the replies about why you can't reply in the braggin area. Some were a little more harsh about their replies and how I went about about it, but that is the nature of this forum. Lets just say I've been learned and the point is well taken. My apologies to the BOC staff. Now, the program they need to install is the virtual hand slap or for more of a point, the virtual kick in the butt. Both of which I have received, but it would easier if there was just a button.......

9. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    And I would like to welcome you too...............LOL