Replacing flip flop seat with catchwell

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by BigBird, Oct 16, 2008.

1. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I have a 19' bay boat and want to get rid of my flip flop seat. I thought about putting in a leaning post but have been thinking recently about putting in a tourney catchwell with freshwater intake etc and mounting a leaning post seat on top.
    I would like something at least 60 gallons. I currently have a good console baitwell. I dont want to do serious cutting in the front or back deck so this would be acceptable alternative and make my boat tourny ready. Kinda sorta like "build it and they will come" kinda thing!
    Rivercatsc inspired me with his 100g on his pontoon. Has anyone replaced their flip flop cc seat and put in a catch well?
    I tried to search but didnt find anything specific to fit this application. Any ideas would be appreciated?
    Thanks,
    Lindsay

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    not me big bird

3. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I do not know anything specific about your project, but if your flip-flop seat is toward the stern of the boat be careful you dont cause a weight distribution problem. Could possible make the boat slow to plane, sit really low in the back, etc. Aren't most livewells/coolers mounted in front of the console on "bayboats" for this reason?