replacement pontoon floor

Discussion in 'Boating' started by cliff n york, Aug 25, 2008.

1. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i need to replace the floor/deck in my pontoon boat, does anyone have any suggestion, on what to use. also i want to add a portapottie, were can i find one

2. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Hey cant help you too much but iboats can they have alot of stuff on rebuilds and floor jobs just trying to help

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Why don't you just use plywood and outdoor carpet? Thats what most of them have. Well the new ones have aluminum floors or composite.

4. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    we just re floored my pontoon and used treated plywood 3/4 inch, the guy at the local marina said they use it instead of marine grade, was about $35 a sheet, said marine grade was only needed if using in saltwater, we got the wood and carpet and glue at lowes and all the attatching stuff at pontoonstuff .com it came out real well hope this helps you

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I just refloored my pontoon and I used standard plywood but I water sealed the dog crap out of it. Nobody around here had marine grade which was ok since its going for $90 a sheet. I needed 4 sheets and it would cost half as much as the boat. Can't help with the porti-potty though.

6. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    pontoon stuff forum

7. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    Don't go plywood they really don't last long unless you seal the crud out of them. Go duradeck, I worked at a bait shop/ boat repair and I saw many pontoons come in with messed up plywood decks