Replacement Bass Boat Winshield?

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by 7mmmag1, Nov 5, 2009.

1. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am trying to find a replacement windshield for my 91 Avenger 176 windshield. It is a single console boat and the winshield looks like a Lego windshield. Its got a corner broke off at the top, it used to be red but has faded to pink and is foggy and hard to see through. I found a place on the internet that sells em, but they didn't have my manufacturer listed. Any idears? Oh, if you havent guessed its a plexiglass windshield.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Check around an see if a local glass place can use your old windshield as a mold an make you a new one from it ,or contact the boat manufacturer an see if they have one

3. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I was trying to find one for my old ranger boat for a while,mine was completely gone,after seeing the prices they wanted for a bent peice of plexiglass I decided they could kepp them and just run without it,it doesn't really make a difference to me and is sometimes in the way anyway,a few drops of water on my face here and there don't bother me,but the wind and bugs can,so I keep sunglasses and a clear pair of safty glasses handy,the safty glasses come in nice at dark. Oh yeah they wanted like 400 bucks for one from the manufacturer,couldn't find a decent one anywhere else.Any used ones were pretty much junk already.

4. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, I work at a glass shop, and we dont do that stuff, I might try the place we buy lexan at and see if they make molds. Trouble with contacting the manufacturer is they no longer are in business, as I can figure. I would consider running without it but it really hurts to get a junebug in your eye at 65 mph

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
  6. You brother, thanks for that link. That is some good s**t there, now I know I can make my own and how to mold it redneck style. I have access to plexiglass at work, just didn't know how to bend it.

7. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the info, if I cant get one made I will probably try that

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If I were restoring a boat and needed a windshield I would go to Wayne Earl.
    All you have to do is send them the original and they'll reproduce it.
    Bassboat windshield would probally be around 200-250 bucks just guessing.
    They aren't plexiglass either.
    Better material then the original. You can even have the thickness changed.

It's a complete windshield including the holes

9. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Plexi bends just fine in a sheet metal brake. You can make a brake out of a couple of 2x's and a few c-clamps. I think you may have to heat lexan to bend it without cracking.