Rep for taking kids fishing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dreamer34, Jul 8, 2006.

1. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    Looked over some posts showing parents taking kids fishing and think that those that do should get a little something so as long as my rep last i'll pass it out to those of ya'll that post stories or pics of our future fishermen and when the rep runs out i got these gold coins to give out to

2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    this public service post has been endorsed by none other than Sir Arlington who would like to remind you to take a kid fishing or......YOUR'RE FIRED

3. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
  4. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    So true, so true... Rep for the thought.

5. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    my wife and i take a week vacation in april and another in september at the same lake every year. our kids are 6 and 5 and have went every year. we'd put them a life vest and in a car seat in the boat. it's been great as the years are going bye, watching them fish, mushroom hunt, riding bikes and camping, it's only getting better. we fish alot around home areas and there grandma has a 7 acre lake at her house. not ready for the day they want to stay at home when dad/mom go camping/fishing. i did that a few years to my parents and now i know that i missed out.

6. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I take my grandkids very chance I get.This is the time in their lives that they need to learn about fishing and hunting and the rights and wrongs in life...Teach them to hunt and fish and they won't still and deal...

7. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    keep on posting ...you'll get there

8. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have posted kid pics before and people seem to really enjoy them from the responses they get. If the day is slow on the water I can't think of a better setting to talk with your children about life, school, and all the things that are right and wrong in the world. Great idea dreamer!

9. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Here is a picture of my niece and her first fish she caught in my pond. Now all she wants is for Uncle Bubba to take her fishing.

Attached Files:

10. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    My kids are all grown and live far away. I take my wife (and my) grand son fishing every chance I get. He is 4 and we reised him most of the time before he went to live with his uncle. We will be fishing this comming week if the rain holds off.

11. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    This is a great thread, I take my 5 year old Tyler every chance I get. He only enjoys it for about 30 minutes, but its fun watching him catch em.:0a18:

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Took both of my boys out last night to a pond had a good time. Only thing is there is a lot of Bluegills and getting something else to bite is very hard. there are some big carp and cats in there

13. DorianGre

DorianGre New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    My daughter is almost 3 and wants to catch a fish. What would you suggest for tackle?

14. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I got a pic of my daughter and her first gill/bait in my gallery. I try to get her out as often as possible, she just starting to rather play with friends more now.

15. AllenM

AllenM Guest

I take my oldest boy fishing wen ever I can get him to take an interest, but he's only 6 and raised "city", so he's still getting used to doing things "country". Still freaks out over bugs and the very possability of encountering a snake of ANY kind. Heading down to visit my folks next week in Porterville and looking forward to getting out to Success Lake with my own dad (ain't fished together since I was about 10 years old!) and the thought of fishing with him and my own boy really gets me excited. 3 generations fishing together. Couldn't ask for a better memory. :big_smile:

16. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    my profile pic. has my daughter madison and her biggest fish until the other day. me and the wife took her bream fishing and i just throwed her cricket out for her when she got the bite. i told her to catch that fish and she set the hook,started trying to reel it in and i saw right fast she needed some help so we fought it for a little bit and finally got it to the bank. when she saw what she had caught she was hysterrical. went to crying and hollering daddy its a crocadile.it was a gar about 4' long and i told her thats not a crocadile because it dont have legs. she finally calmed down but that was all her fishing for the day. robbie

17. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    been takeing my sons since they were 3 and still do to this day
    wont go without asking them if they would like to go too.
    ive been fishing by myself one time in 13 years and that was when they went out of state with inlaws for a little vacation. i almost cried :tounge_out:

18. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Madison is too young to take fishing, but I take my brother, brother in law, 4 cousins, and little sister every now and then. Later this year or next year I will take Madison out. But, I want her to be able to reel in her own fish. We are practicing around the house with the pole but she has not caught on yet. Still have a long time to learn though.

You are a good man dreamer for doing this.

19. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I would, she has come to watch just not fished yet. She likes the idea of going down and swimming with the ducks. Problem is, that she cant swim. LMAO

20. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Take my youngest daughter out every weekend I am home. My two oldest have no interest in the great outdoors. Anyway we were out on the Cumberland here, been out all day. I believe we had caught three before this. We were fishing for ba$$, ran across some structure and noticed all the bait fish moving and breaking the water like crazy. We spent the next hour there, she hooked into five fish, nice size, largest about 3 1/2 pounds. Now she has her own pole, tackle box and tackle. Amazing how addicting a fish fight can be. She is as thrilled about fishing as I am. Then there is my wife, she was there as well......she got the bug worse. How many husbands out there have to tell thier wives they don't need a piece of tackle from wally world? She spends more than I do now on fishing tackle.:lol: