Rental Cars and the reasons why you shouldnt buy one

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    I was just speaking with a fellow BOCer and I believe i am going to be getting a rental truck while my car is in the shop. So it brought me to my thinking of the different things i have done in and with rentals and was wondering what some of the brothers and sisters on here have possibly done with rentals.

So what is your rental car/truck story/stories???

2. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    personally one of my favorite things to do is burnouts and donuts. i dont do that in my car because i have to buy my tires and fix the dents. with a rental car not my problem. i had to put my truck in the shop a few years ago and they were supposed to give me a full size truck and they gave me a ford focus. i rocked that focus for about a week, power sliding into turns and even took it off roading. by the time i took it back, the tires were almost balled and it was covered in mud. i took the extra insurance because i knew it was going to be a wild ride.

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i run the crap out of them to :smile2:

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    What's the difference between a Jeep and a rental car???

You can take a rental car anywhere!!!!!!:wink:

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I roast the tires on all rental cars I get.

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I drive a rental the same as i drive my own truck ,if i want to drive it someplace i drive it there ,but i am no harder on a rental than my personal truck

7. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    one time long ago I rented a gmc safari awd van, we(the family) took it on vacation up in the mountains,found some jeep trails marked 4 wheel drive vehicles only,okay,away we go,should have seen peoples faces when that mini van came rocking down the jeep trail past off-roaders in campsites,etc. drove it hard and was actually impressed with the places that thing went. the last couple rent-a-cars I've driven were treated just like my own vehicles though, they were on business trips and I had to behave myself.

8. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    A friend of mine took a taurus he rented and put a hundred shot of nitrous into the airbox and went to the drag strip. Funny stuff!:eek:oooh:

9. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I used to travel for my work when i was younger....traveled across the united states for about 5 years.....when we came home on the weekends I usualy kept the rental, I was infamous with my buddies for raggin out the rental car. My signature move was pulling the e brake and doing 180, then slamming it in reversee and doing a J-turn....it was quite impressive. I remember one particulaur night when me and a couple buddies were driving around town with a 2 foot glass bong and a bottle of grain alcohol......we raised some hell that night, we found a big parking lot and ended up ramping parking blocks......I ended up getting a dui that night, but they dropped the charges for the bong cause no one would fess up......and they played that game where they told each of us that the other snitched on them, and said if no one confesses that we will all be charged with it......I don't know how my boss never heard about the incident........I was only 19 back then....

10. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    One time later in my traveling career I was the crew leader and hired some buddies and my cousin on my crew. (Bad Idea) We had finished a job in fairmount WV and our next job was near Wythville VA.......we had finished the job late and were heading down I77 through those tunnels right before you get into VA.....we had a rental mini-van and I was ready to get to the hotel.....going down those mountains I guess I just wasn't paying much attention as a State Trooper clocked me going 105 mph......he pulled us over and almost took me to jail. Luckily he just gave me a court date which resulted in a 1,400 dollar fine for excessive speeding......they also found a pot seed in the passenger floor board where my cousin mikey was breaking up some herbs throughout our travels......luckily we were out and they didn't find anything else, but they did rip the van apart and it took over an hour while we sat on the guard rail.........

11. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    I mostly drove them pretty normal while out on the job, usually with peers from work or whatever............but when i would get back to town with my buddies that was all she wrote.........here comes massey with the rental.....

12. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This thread reminds me of the rental car race from Days of Thunder. :smile2:

Big John: You're late.
    Cole Trickle: We, uh, had, car trouble.
    Big John: What kind of car trouble?
    Cole Trickle: Uhhhhh...
    Rowdy Burns: I believe it was the radiator. Wasn't it, Cole?
    [grins]
    Cole Trickle: Yes, Rowdy, I believe it was.
    [returns grin]

13. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio

14. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana

15. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    you think unka paul will wave the checkered flag or join in on the race...

16. festus

festus New Member

Dang, sounds like some of you guys were as wild as I was back in the day.:big_smile:

17. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    no reason to settle down now!!!! just makes for better small talk on the otherside HAHAHA

18. festus

festus New Member

I'm 56, used to raise all kinds of cane, and don't know how I never got caught for dui's, speeding, reckless driving, etc. Got about 3 or 4 public intoxication charges when I was in my late teens and twenties, back then I could get out of jail for $20. When I turned about 31 or 32, I slowed down considerably, but still haven't stopped completely. :wink:

19. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I guess I am just an old schooler, I always try to use anything borrowed or rented the same as if it was mine.And return it in same or better condition than when I got it. I think delibertly damaging or destroying something that I did not own would lay pretty heavy on my consious.

20. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    me and paul will be rollin around the campground in my 66 cadillac!!:smile2::smile2::smile2: