Renew Fogged Fishfinder Screen

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by fish, Jul 20, 2007.

1. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    I have an older fishfinder and the screen was fogged up pretty bad and made it hard to see what was going on. I had heard that Mother's Aluminum Polish would clear up plexi glass. I gave it a try and sure enough the screen is almost like new. I had to apply and rub about three times but it worked. If the windshield on your boat is fogged up, it will work on it also. I thought some of you guys may want to give it a try.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Jim That does work real well but next time try some 3M rubbing compound it is twice as easy to use.
    Also try some of that on the headlights on your truck and see how much better they shine.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thanks Paw Jim.
    Think we can buff out my eyes? That may help me out on seeing. LOL
    Pete

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Blame Willard, why didn't you tell me that before I worked my elbow off. LOL Thanks for the tip buddy.

Pete, if that would work we would be right over and go to work on your eyes and mine too, plus we both would be rich.LOL We hope you are feeling better today buddy.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Willard did you share that info with DH? I noticed his head was really glowing at the Henderson Gathering. Maybe Barb saw an empty can or two around DH home, while visiting.:wink::smile2:

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Naw Mickey , DH uses johnson paste wax to shine that crome dome.:smile2: