Rend Shirt

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by bwhupp, Jan 14, 2008.

1. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Well I made the Rend Shirt for the Gathering in June 20-22, 2008. Here it is. If you need more info, PM me! I also put this up under the BoC Member gathering thread but i know a lot of you ignore them. LOL!!!!

So far, if all pans out... should be $15 for a shirt and sizes up to 5XL. Should handle most of us portly folks!

Trying to go with Jerzee 50/50 blend. If you are going to attend and want to get a shirt, PM me now with number and shirt size. I will keep a log and see how large a quantity I will need. If I have a ton, hopefully I can haggle the price down more and save us a few more bucks to gas the boat too :smile2:

Later on, when closer to gathering, I will pm each of you to see about collecting monies to get your shirt. Thanks bro's and sis's!

http://webpages.charter.net/dwhupp/shirt.JPG

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Brian - great job buddy! The shirts look great. I definitely want a few of them.

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Talked to the company and the screenprinter owner today. Worked out all the details and the shirt color has been changed. But I think it is for the better anyways! Had to change it due to some of us bigger guys and to make sure we all can get a shirt.

It will be Oxford Grey shirt with a greenish colored inking. A front logo and full back will be on this shirt representing the 2008 Rend Gathering. The shirt will go up to 5X and the cost will be $15 even. Not a bad price in my opinion!

If you will be interested and have plans on getting one or more, please send me a PM so I can start taking down the orders. Granted, I am not getting it made right away. I will close down shop and send off all orders in May, but I believe in early planning! No money needed now.. just let me know if you are interested!

The Final Shirt:
    http://webpages.charter.net/dwhupp/shirt 3.jpg

4. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I'm from Indiana and would like to attend. My son-in-law is from I think Herring. He's stationed at Elgin AFB Fl and maybe I can get him to come up. I like the shirt. Can we purchase them even if we are unable to attend?

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    OK I was wrong. My son-in-law is from Ziglar and gets his water from Mulkey Town. Make any sens to you Saluki's? LOL

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Sure. I can put them in an envelope and send them to you if you want. Shouldn't be a problem. Sure would be awesome if you could attend. Always look forward to meeting more people at the gatherings for sure!

For more infomation about the gathering at Rend, make sure you check out the BOC Members Gathering at the bottom of the forum. The 2008 Rend Gathering one is the link to click on.

In a nuttshell, the gathering will be from June 20-22nd of this year. Little ways off still, but never too soon to plan! 21st we will have the dinner and get together... look at maps, knot tying, different riggings, etc. Should be an outstanding time Brother!

7. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kudo's to ya! they look great!

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    WOW! Look great Bdub, any chance of getting any with the front pocket?

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looks great Brian. I will place an order when you need it. Let me know. Great job brother.

10. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I was talking with the guy about getting them with a pocket, and he said it would probably run an extra 2-3 bucks a shirt. I opted not to go with a pocket and run the price an even $15 instead of like $18-20 bucks just for a pocket. I hope I made an okay decision.

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Good Lord they are awful proud of the pockets eh? But that sounds about right I guess, 1/2 again as much for a square scrap and thread as the entire shirt...lol thanks anyway

12. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I find it pathetic to cost that much extra for a stupid pocket. Small piece of fabric and bit of thread running several bucks more. Just ridiculous.

If most of the people want the pocket and pay extra, it can be arranged. Just it will drive the cost up a few more bucks. It is an option that shouldn't be ruled out. This is what we want and nothing is set in stone.

13. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yea, but you know as well as I, that that jump from 2x to 4-5 x is usually 20-25 bucks for about 3-4"s of cloth, and when ya get into the camo or special stuff then ya really get stuck in the hinny for it, $15 for a 4-5x shirt is a great price. guess they figure a pocket a special order, LOL

14. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Soon the market of shirt makers will have no choice but to start offering a broader market of shirts. Too many varieties of people's body types for them not to.

All the same.. I think I got a pretty good deal for the big man shirts and dual logos screen printed (great quality too). The shirts are Jerzee 50/50 blend... in my opinion the best. You can throw it in the dryer and it won't fit a barbie doll when it comes out.

I am pretty confident in this company and they have been around for many years.

15. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian,

This is an awesome looking shirt put me down for 10 of them as I would like to give a few of them as Door Prizes at the gathering...

When you get closer to the dates of Ordering them I will send you out sizes and a Money Order...

Thanks Brother looks awesome...

16. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Brian,
    I have been really talking up the shirts to the locals around here and I think we may have a few more buyers that just like the shirt and may want to buy one and donate to the gathering...Good job Brother

17. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That would be awesome! Keep me posted! I will talk with my guy and see if I can get bunch of shirts made up before hand for the meeting... maybe then I will hear from more people!

18. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i know i cant attend but i want to buy a shirt , i really like the shirt

19. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This is going really good brother...I have a M/O made out and will get it in the mail in the morning...

Thanks for all your efforts Brian

Good Looking Shirt! and I think You will get many more buyers to come...

20. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Well, ordered a small batch of shirts. Will be getting them made and bring them up to the meeting March 22nd at 9am at Mt Vernon. See how many more of you boys want to chip in. To save on postage and such, feel free to bring money to the meeting and I will collect then and get your order.

Once I get them in my possession, I will snap off some pictures.

For those of you just chiming into the thread, here is what the shirt will potentially look like.

http://webpages.charter.net/dwhupp/shirt 3.jpg

If you would like one, send me a PM. The cost is 15 bucks for any size up to 5X. If you want one and will need it mailed to you, send me 18 bucks to cover the shipping and packaging.