rend lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by noah, May 3, 2009.

1. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    well me and a buddy went to the lake last night and we fished west gun creek off the bank and we had no luck at all i dont know what was going on no fish no bites we were tight linin with night crawlers:eek:oooh::angry::cool2: were are they catchin the cat on rend let me know thanks

2. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    try the feeder creeks while they are still up. the water under the spillway should be runnin good right now too.

3. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    were is the closest creeks to ina

4. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    honestly i have never done any good at all at rend all last year i was blanked this year so far nothin!! lots of success at crab orchard though. also the old and new west frankfort lakes are killin em well at least i have been catchin my limit each time out there. if your going to rend though i have heard the bridge on 154 is a good spot by the marina but again not for me this year yet

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    are you in a boat or on the bank? if your in a boat, you would probably do well to put in at north sandusky and head west toward the bridge. thats where that creek feeds in. also, there is a good feeder creek if you put in on the guncreek ramp on 37 in between benton and ina and head east. don and i caught about 12 last night at bonnie dam off cut and whole shad. they were biting hard and aggressively.
    if you are on the bank you can fish next to the pumps there and its close to ina. we were in a boat.

6. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i am gonna havt to just catch up with you guys and meet yall there one day i will bring the boat its just a skinny 15 footer so make sure its not a windy day :smile2: i dont know rend that well to know sandusky or any thing just gun creek pretty much and the ramp thats on the same road as the school