Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im heading to mt. vernon today and im gonna try to get up early tommorow and fish rend. anybody feeling froggy? shoot me a pmail before 2pm and ill give you a call.(wont have a computer while im there)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Aaron is too busy for me this weekend. So is Paul. I need to buy some new fishing buddies!

But I can't fish this weekend anyways... I am going to Bass Pro and Cabelas tomorrow to waste my paycheck on their 'sales'.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Shane
I know I missed you by a few hours, let us know how you did. I am planning on hitting Rend Sunday. Cannot make it Saturday anyway, some freinds of mine and I are butchering 12 hogs and between us we have around 20 deer to process into deer sausage. Going to be a long day tomorrow.

Travis
Hope You have a good day also. Let us know how you did.

·
Banned
817 Posts
Great News Men,
The weather is nice and I am busy...wonderful...Just Wonderful
:dribble:

Dogs

I am looking forward to your reports...make sure you guy's hit the shallows and look for the shad kills...These areas should keep you busy with some nice fish if you can find them...

I will be getting ready for an Interview on Monday morning...I have to fly out to Atlanta,GA to meet at the Corp. office for and Interview for a Job in Illinois...I know crazy right...aw well always wanted to go there anyway...Glad it is on thier dime...Wooosh

Also getting things moved so I can Paint inside the House...We will get more days to fish before the fishing is over....Just glad to hear you boys are getting out...Think I am going to hit the rack...

Pull a hawg out boys...wish I was with you...:still_dreaming:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it was a pretty nice day out there. in all i spent 9 hours on the lake. got into a lot of pretty good channels. nothin to write home about. biggest one was probably 7 pounds.i couldnt find any shad for the life of me. i put in at waltonville dam, then jackie branch, then waltonville dam again. i was startin with nightcrawlers, then there was a group of snaggers there that gave me some shad they had snagged. about 1 pm was when i really started tearin em up. i had drifted pretty far out by about 4 when the wind startin pickin up and my little boat got a pretty bumpy ride back. cant wait for the water to warm up so those flats can come out to play:wink:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Sounds alright.. water level much better I take it? It looks like it was a lot more elevated than before.

Would have went but I went to BPS and spend a load of money that I shouldn't have spent. Also looked at that 997 and it sure is a nice fish finder. Maybe next year!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Went to Rend Sunday Morning. Should have got there at the crack of dawn instead of the crack of 8:00. Had different baits but did'nt do any good. I was fishing off the rip rap from the bank and the wind just got to bad. Heavy white caps by 10:00, gave up at 11:30. Only saw One other person on entire lake, he was in a brand new alluminum v-bottom. I presume he could not wait to break it in.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
The calendar does read March. Unfortunately, I have seen this kind of weather in April. Won,t be long before I have a platter of morel mushrooms and crappie fillets for supper. Ohhh, sorry I was dreaming again.:wink:
Hard to think it isn't that far away eh?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Have to agree with Dan there I am ready for some fresh mushrooms and a batch of fish....I think i am getting hungar now LOL:0a33::dribble:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.