Rend Lake tommorow!

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by big-muddy, Feb 29, 2008.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    im heading to mt. vernon today and im gonna try to get up early tommorow and fish rend. anybody feeling froggy? shoot me a pmail before 2pm and ill give you a call.(wont have a computer while im there)

2. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    i wish i would of seen this earlier. i done made plans to hit carlyle in the AM. next time ill hit ya up.

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Shane and Travis:

Hope you both tear em up. Looking forward to a good report!

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Aaron is too busy for me this weekend. So is Paul. I need to buy some new fishing buddies!

But I can't fish this weekend anyways... I am going to Bass Pro and Cabelas tomorrow to waste my paycheck on their 'sales'.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shane your going to have some great weather. I hope the fishing is good also. Give us a report on your trip.

6. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Shane
    I know I missed you by a few hours, let us know how you did. I am planning on hitting Rend Sunday. Cannot make it Saturday anyway, some freinds of mine and I are butchering 12 hogs and between us we have around 20 deer to process into deer sausage. Going to be a long day tomorrow.

Travis
    Hope You have a good day also. Let us know how you did.

7. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great News Men,
    The weather is nice and I am busy...wonderful...Just Wonderful
    :dribble:

Dogs

I am looking forward to your reports...make sure you guy's hit the shallows and look for the shad kills...These areas should keep you busy with some nice fish if you can find them...

I will be getting ready for an Interview on Monday morning...I have to fly out to Atlanta,GA to meet at the Corp. office for and Interview for a Job in Illinois...I know crazy right...aw well always wanted to go there anyway...Glad it is on thier dime...Wooosh

Also getting things moved so I can Paint inside the House...We will get more days to fish before the fishing is over....Just glad to hear you boys are getting out...Think I am going to hit the rack...

Pull a hawg out boys...wish I was with you...:still_dreaming:

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    it was a pretty nice day out there. in all i spent 9 hours on the lake. got into a lot of pretty good channels. nothin to write home about. biggest one was probably 7 pounds.i couldnt find any shad for the life of me. i put in at waltonville dam, then jackie branch, then waltonville dam again. i was startin with nightcrawlers, then there was a group of snaggers there that gave me some shad they had snagged. about 1 pm was when i really started tearin em up. i had drifted pretty far out by about 4 when the wind startin pickin up and my little boat got a pretty bumpy ride back. cant wait for the water to warm up so those flats can come out to play:wink:

9. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the report, Shane. Sounds like a great day!

10. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Sounds alright.. water level much better I take it? It looks like it was a lot more elevated than before.

Would have went but I went to BPS and spend a load of money that I shouldn't have spent. Also looked at that 997 and it sure is a nice fish finder. Maybe next year!

11. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Went to Rend Sunday Morning. Should have got there at the crack of dawn instead of the crack of 8:00. Had different baits but did'nt do any good. I was fishing off the rip rap from the bank and the wind just got to bad. Heavy white caps by 10:00, gave up at 11:30. Only saw One other person on entire lake, he was in a brand new alluminum v-bottom. I presume he could not wait to break it in.

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    water level was much better, but still needs to be higher.

13. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Water level ought to raise some now. Wow is it wet outside. Starting to see ice cycles on the trees though.

14. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Did You say Ice...Here are a few pictures from around the house...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    The calendar does read March. Unfortunately, I have seen this kind of weather in April. Won,t be long before I have a platter of morel mushrooms and crappie fillets for supper. Ohhh, sorry I was dreaming again.:wink:

16. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dan, that was just WRONG!!! You can't tease us all like that. We are all thinking the same thing, but you didn't have to go and say it :sad2:

17. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    there should be some good flooded brush to fish pretty soon. thats always fun!

18. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Hard to think it isn't that far away eh?

19. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Have to agree with Dan there I am ready for some fresh mushrooms and a batch of fish....I think i am getting hungar now LOL:0a33::dribble: