Rend Lake Today

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ldw45, May 15, 2009.

1. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    My brother and I hit Gun Creek area of Rend today from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. drifting with garlic salted shrimp. We ended up with 15 nice eaters. Caught most in 6-10 feet of water. Started the day with wind east southeast and bite was going good. Wind shifted to south and then southwest toward noon and afternoon..... bite slowed significantly.

2. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Dean, did you try drifting any hump out in the lake??

BIGCAT GarryEads

3. jdloehr

jdloehr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i saw you mentioned fishing with shrimp and was wondering, do you fish with the shell on or off the shrimp??

4. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gary,
    Not sure of its exact location. By mid afternoon the wind was getting a bit swift for me out in the main lake.

5. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jason,
    I leave the shell on...... seems to make the bait last a bit longer when drifting. Main thing I have found is to be sure the shrimp has soaked in the garlic salt brine for a couple days at least.

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Congrats Don, Sounds like a real fine day. Gonna try tomorrow afternoon (I hope) Monday for sure gonna hit the Kasky, might be back in the bank by then, LOL......A whole week of SUN SHINE AND LIGHT WIND, JUST WHAT ARE WE ALL GONNA DO here in the mid-west....LOL

7. los

los New Member

State:
    Mt. vernon, IN
    thanks for the info. I will hopefully be there from May 22-May25 most likley at Waynesfitz gerald. plan on doing some fishing:roll_eyes: