Rend Lake report 9-2-07

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by big-muddy, Sep 3, 2007.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Me and Kojak had a pretty good morning out n rend yesterday. I came back with a sunglasses tanline that ill be getting laughed at for all week at work:embarassed:.We put in at 6am at the Bluegill hole. I had the bright idea of going up to the railroad tressel to get some shad for bait. there are a lot of stumps at the bluegill hole, and naturally i guided him onto one within about 30 feet.:embarassed:
    there is a boat lane, but i didnt think about that until we were thick in the stumps. so about a half hour and 50 stumps later we were under the bridge getting some shad. we managed to find the boat lane and head back to where we were gonna fish and found some trees with birds nests in them. we went under them and anchored up and within about 5 minutes Kojak had an eater size blue and i got a channel about the same size. he was using garlic shrimp and i was using live shad. we went from tree to tree till about 12:30 and ended up 6 fish with Kojak catching the biggest one at 6lbs. We had a good time minus playing pinball with the stumps, and ive got a cherry red sunburn to prove it.

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I have never been that far north of the lake. The stumps kind of make me go :eek:oooh:. Though I would love to find the shad holes up there!

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds like a great time was had..... Ya just gotta love them ol' stump trails...:wink:altho I did think there was going to be something else stated when you said "under the bird nest" :smile2:

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the report Shane. Hope to see you at Rend next year.

5. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    "Pinball with the stumps" oh what fun:big_smile:. I only ended up breaking one piece of the boat which was the prop on my trolling motor. I will have to say that aside from a few mishaps the trip with Muddy was one I will remember for a while. I will head back to that part of the lake again...when the water is a little higher, maybe not, I feel I know where to go now and stay off the stumps. I would like to run some jugs or trotlines up there closer to fall..hopefully after some rain. Thanks Muddy for a great fishing trip:big_smile:

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Looks like it is to rain all week.. maybe it will be enough to raise the lake back up several feet! haha

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    its gonna take a lot more than that. its almost duck season. that means they are gonna pump most of the lake through the subimpoundment dams so they can flood out the bottoms north of the lake. its gonna drop even more then. it wont be high again until april when we get the rain and runoff.

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Well that sucks again.. :angry:

9. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That is some great news on the fish...Sorry to hear about the sunburn but hey ya gotta take the good with the bad some days...At least it wasn't bugs...lol

Hey while I am chatting at ya guy's I wanted to let ya know the 2008 Rend Lake Gathering in the Illinois Section has been moved into the BOC Gathering Section...We are moving ahead with great success and looking forward to a great time...

10. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am glad you had a wonderful time outside of the stump area...

11. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I didn't know they did that...Thanks for the info...

12. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian tell me you caught some fish brother...

13. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    It'll still be plenty high enough to get a boat in down around 154 and south of there.

14. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville

I sure did.. I posted it in the other thread from Rend Trip. I threw up some pictures of the fish caught.

15. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    yep- the skies will be full of clouds of canada geese and ducks. its a beautiful thing. there are lots of waterfowl viewing areas. when they turn those pumps on, its a great place to fish for flatties. i dont think your supposed to fish the area during duck season, but i still do.:wink:

16. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Oo! Take me! I never caught a flattie before! :smile2:

17. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Brother keep fishin rend and you will have a flattie! I will let you know when they are about to turn those pumps on.