Rend lake question .

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Oct 1, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I was wondering if there are blues in rend . I would think there is but want to be sure .

2. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    ive caught a couple in there, but they are few and far between. the ones i caught were near marcum beach in like 20 feet of water

3. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Never heard of or seen one caught in the lake. Not even during a tourney. There has to be a few. They were definately in the river feeding the lake at one time.

4. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Never seen one come out of Rend. Many guys will tell you that they are in there. A lot of people will get male channels and blues confused. However, if you are around blues long enough, it's not that difficult to tell MOST of them apart. There are times when it can be difficult though.

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    when they open the back flow from the south, they can get in and do, but they usually just flop right back over the spillway. and yes, the big-muddy river was there before and thats what they built it from. in 20 years of fishing there ive only caught 2 so they are pretty rare.

6. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    I caught a 9 lb. Blue at the boat dock at North Sandusky about 5 years ago. That is the only Blue I've ever seen in Rend. With the high population of Channel Cats in that lake, could they maybe feed on small Blues and prevent them from taking off?