Rend Lake New PB

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by deerhunter4, Jul 27, 2008.

1. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hello all,
    We went Saturday to pick up Brooke from her trip to Rend Lake...While we was there we descided to go out and give it the ole try and see if we could pull off catching one...Well as it turned out we caught my PB and 7 others sure was a nice day...Boiling hot on the water but well worth the trip...

We ended the day with 8 fish and a new PB at 32.8 lbs...It was a great fight and sure was a ton of fun...

Here are a couple pictures of the trip...

Attached Files:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Paul thanks for sharing your Rend trip. Looks like Brooke got you in gear with her nice fish and you wanted to get in on the fun. Thanks for the pics. Great job. Reps.

3. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    What a great day of fishing, congratulations! Were you pole and line fishing or running sets, also were you on the north end or the south end? I'm headed there for a week on wed. gonna give em a try myself. :big_smile:

4. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    rod and reel fishing with a jig...caught them in the stump fields across from the resort...

5. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Great job Paul. That is an unbelievable stringer of fish. Looks like the flatties have started biting at Rend!!

6. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Paul, where were you fishing at. I still have yet to ever catch a flatty but I will this year if its the last thing I do. Grats on the new PB and the very nice catch.

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    turnip patch? man it took my whole life to catch that many flatheads

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on a great trip and a new personal best

9. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looks like a great catch there Paul, I would love to get into some flattys like that sometime

10. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    nice pics u got there,nice job on the new PB,so when we eatin,lol

11. Flats4us

Flats4us New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes they are nice pictures but I had more fun than he did...Mom and Dad says we can eat any time you all wanna come down...Dad says give him a call and lets set some thing up for a big ole fish fry...Dad says to make sure to invite Dan and "D"...I would love to see the kids again...:wink:

12. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    good job Paul. I am down here in New MExico right now and spent 32 dollars for a freaking 5 day fishing pass. Can you believe that crap??? Man... I hope that I at least catch something!

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brooke Welcome to the BOC/SOC. I know you have been around for some time but it is good to see you posting. Congrats on your big fish. Reps to you.