rend lake ..last monday

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by big-muddy, Jun 28, 2008.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    ive been waiting for the pictures to come back, but its takin too long, ill just go ahead and post it.
    last sunday, after the gathering, i stayed the night at the resort and a couple from minnesota came down to hang out with us. they had paid full price for a room and got out of state fishing liscenses, so i wanted to put them on some fish. and that i did!
    we got up at 7 monday morning and caught a mess of bluegill, then napped till 11. we checked out and went down to the general store to rent a boat.
    we rented a 15' jon with a merc 9.9. we loaded it up and hit the water. well, as soon as i got er out there and opened it up a little, it started boggin down and dying ( dan you know how this one is). so i anchored up out there and radio'd back to the resort that the boat they gave us was a dud. about 30 minutes later a girl came out there for us in a pontoon, and said we could just take it for the same price and have an extra hour. sweet!
    so i took this couple out to the middle of the lake near the resort and we drifted to the 154 bridge a few times. we put 11 channels in the boat. the girl from minnesota got 8. ( i let her use my safari rod). i got 2 and the guy got 1. we had a blast out there, and they have invited me to minnesota to do some pike and walleye fishing. i may have to oblige.

i have to resize the pics i have before i can post them, but they will be up before too long.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You are going to be a guide in demand before long. Keep up the good work.

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    heres a shot of chris and i haulin in a double

Attached Files:

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    heres shannon with one of her 8.

Attached Files:

5. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ill second that. I had the pleasure of being with ol Muddy for a 3 hour tour of the north end. He does Know the lake pretty well. Hey Shane, maybe you can use that knowledge later on after you get out of the Navy.

6. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    well i think i will have to get ahold of you here for to long and we can take my boat out make a day out of it 15 ft jon with a 08 25 yamaha we should scoot:big_smile: but yeah i need to learn the lake

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i would definitly oblige. just shoot me a pmail.

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i do know it like the back of my hands. those older guys out there that lived here before it was built know it like their own heartbeat. guess where i learned it from.

9. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    ok will do sounds good