Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JEFFERSON COUNTY—Heavy rains have caused the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Rend Lake to enact its “standard operating procedures for high water plan.”

While the dam structure is performing as designed, the lake is already experiencing lake flood pool elevations. At 8 this morning, the lake level was 408.94 National Geodetic Vertical Datum, approximately one-and-a-half feet above average for the date. The lake is expected to crest Sunday at 412.50 NGVD.

http://www.southernillinoisan.com/articles/2008/03/19/breaking_news/doc47e13f7fc0b6d033196940.txt

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
yeah but there is other structure you need to beware of that may not have been there before. flooded vegetation is definitly some good fishin! i wish i was there right now and not at home in front of my computer.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Its still full. heres a shot of the spillway from today. usually you can walk out to the middle and fish the rapids and the water only spills down the middle. the tailwater is usually only about a few feet deep. the walkway is gone.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.