Rend Lake Is Full........

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishnfwl, Mar 20, 2008.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    JEFFERSON COUNTY—Heavy rains have caused the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Rend Lake to enact its “standard operating procedures for high water plan.”

While the dam structure is performing as designed, the lake is already experiencing lake flood pool elevations. At 8 this morning, the lake level was 408.94 National Geodetic Vertical Datum, approximately one-and-a-half feet above average for the date. The lake is expected to crest Sunday at 412.50 NGVD.

http://www.southernillinoisan.com/articles/2008/03/19/breaking_news/doc47e13f7fc0b6d033196940.txt

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Hooray! More water in Rend means less prop and lower unit damage! BUt it can stop now.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :wink:
    Does this mean that your headed for the high water? You sure are tough.

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    yeah but there is other structure you need to beware of that may not have been there before. flooded vegetation is definitly some good fishin! i wish i was there right now and not at home in front of my computer.

5. Migrator83

Migrator83 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    thanks for the info...planning a trip in a week or too. I was wondering what the lake would be like...thanks!!!!

6. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    More rain is in the forecast. Looks like Rend might be on the rise again by the weekend.

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Its still full. heres a shot of the spillway from today. usually you can walk out to the middle and fish the rapids and the water only spills down the middle. the tailwater is usually only about a few feet deep. the walkway is gone.

Attached Files:

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Uffda... I don't think I can tkae much more rain and flooding.

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    you wanna take a tube down there? Looks like fun!

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I will be more than happy to watch you float around in the bumpy ride while I sit back and laugh at you. :smile2:

12. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Shane, did you do any fishing while you were there today?

13. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    no, i was just on a drive. i would have needed waders to get out there anyway.