rend lake in illinois

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dragon86, Jun 2, 2009.

1. dragon86

dragon86 New Member

State:
    west frankfort illinios
    i've been running trotlines and fishing the rocks at Ina boat ramp area for the past 4 day and all i caught was about 6-10 fish each day. They ran from about 3-8lbs. and i was wondering if anyone was having better luck then me. This time last year me and about 4 other people caught 76 channel cats in about 4 hrs. It seems to me like there kind of late getting on to the rocks this year.

2. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    theyre not all gonna be in the same place everyday

3. dragon86

dragon86 New Member

State:
    west frankfort illinios
    Yea we tried some other areas. It just seems like every year about this time i go up there and catch a ton of fish but this year seems kind of slow. I even tried to hog some an all i got was about 4 fish nothing over 10lbs.

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    the water seems to be a little higher than im used to this year. it could be with the water temp rising that they are a little more shallow than it is around around ina right now. maybe try closer to the subimpundments or even on the northern side of those dams

5. dragon86

dragon86 New Member

State:
    west frankfort illinios
    i might have to trie that on my next day off.

6. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The water temp is still low around here. Everytime it starts to get up to temp we have a cold spell with a lot of rain that seems to shut them back down. It's coming soon though. My buddy caught a couple of flathead in one of our small rivers here. It's a lot warmer than the lakes and bigger rivers. soon, my friend, soon!!