Rend Lake - Illinois

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by abridge, Feb 21, 2006.

1. abridge

abridge New Member

State:
    illinois
    does any know how rend lake is, be going down there frist weekend in march.

thanks, adam

2. bankpoleken

bankpoleken New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Illinois

3. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Rend lake is 20 miles south of Mt Vernon ILL.:)

BIGCAT GarryEads

4. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Rend, has some decent flatheads in it.

5. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If you have never been there before, depending on where you are going watch for the stumps, I hunt that lake sometimes but have never fished it. Just wanted to make sure you keep your eyes peeled, it can be a tougher lake to manuever.

6. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Ya, fished there back in the late Summer early fall of 2004, took my dad there for about 7 days off and on. We caught probably 50-60 catfish ranging from around 2 to 8 lbs, great eating gave us enough to feed about 6 people 7 times with fish left over. We usually got there at around 6:30 a.m. and left around 10 a.m. The only thing I could get them to bite on real good was stink bait from Carlyle, Geno's Stink bait--used either a #10 or #12 trible hook, it seemed on good days it only took about 10 minutes to get a good bite and fish, on bad days could take 45 minutes. Tried liver, nightcrawler with no avail--something about Geno's Stink bait seemed to be a treat for them. After about 10 a.m. they seemed to be tired.

7. howards

howards Member

State:
    IL.
    Try the Nason Public Use Area at the north end of the lake..5 to 8 feets deep so it will warming up first...also a lot so dead tree around there.

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    ok so where's the best place to fish rend:crying: