Rend Is still Hot for Dillon and I

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kojak, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well it has been a little while since my last post, due to work, so I figured I would break the silence with good news. Last weekend My boy and I set out early Saturday morning for a bit o fishin. We ended the day with two full livewells which the count turned out to be 41 all very nice eating size. Today we set out just a little later (was on the lake at about 7:30) and still ended up with just over 20. My father-in-law is beginning to get jelous seeing how he ended the day with only 4. We have been using garlic shrimp only and fishing in more or less the same area which is right across from South Sandusky beach, and in that general area. Gun Creek seems to be still producing good numbers and size as well, so my friends say. I still have yet to hook into a Flathead even though I did fish around the Big Island and in the stumps where Paul said he caught all of those flats he had.....But then again I didn't try really hard either. I will try to keep you all updated as I go just about every weekend. Numbers for the month just under 100 and I have a full deep freeze...its going to be a fish filled winter.

2. tswebb71

tswebb71 Member

State:
    So. IL
    Thanks for the report jerrod. I haven't been over there in about a month. I've been chasing the blues in the Ohio. I may give it a shot next weekend.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerred you and Dillon have got it figured out. Great job. Glad to hear you are enjoying that boat. Thanks for the update.

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Haven't been out to Rend since the gathering... my dad is getting surgery again soon... double hernia where he had part of his colon removed. A surgery as a result of a surgery.. good stuff. GOing to be awhile before we head back out that way I forsee unfortunately, especially since the school year is starting up again. :sad2:

5. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    DONT BE SURPRISED IF IT DOESNT LAST KNOCKING THEM DEAD LIKE THAT AND KEEPING EVERYTHING....COULD SPOIL A SPOT THAT COULD HAVE BEEN GOOD FOR MONTHS OR YEARS...GREAT CATCHES THOUGH WISH I COULD BOATEM LIKE THAT

6. tswebb71

tswebb71 Member

State:
    So. IL
    Believe me, that lake has more "eater size" channels than any lake I have ever seen! 100-200 fish isn't going to hurt the fishing one little bit. As a matter of fact, it could use a little "thinning".:eek:oooh::wink: fish on Jerred!!

7. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The lake that I fish here in Southern Illinois is stocked to be heavily fished. I think they still allow commercial fishing there as well, I know they used to. But I am far from catching the numbers they do. That said, I do appreciate your concern for my fishing spot. I do not keep every fish I catch and none that I do keep go to waste. I feed alot of people. Again thank you for your reply and I do hope you get the chance to catch that many fish in one outing someday.

8. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Good to hear you are hauling them in Jerrod. Keep us posted. I wonder how Big Muddy is doing in Navy boot camp? Bet he wishes he had a fishing pole in his hand every day.

9. Kat Slayer

Kat Slayer New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the update Jarrod. I haven't been to Rend in a while so I was wonderin' how it was goin. glad ur still catchin em'.

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    just noticed this thread. glad to see that someone was catching em out there. don, you nailed it. i havent touched a pole in over 2 months but im gonna be fishin soon