Rend Gathering 2010 June 5th from 11am - 7pm

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by bwhupp, Jan 7, 2010.

1. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Well fellas...

I got the site reserved and paid the deposit for shelter 3 at Wayne Fitzgerrell state park at Rend Lake for June 4th. It should be the free fishing weekend for all nonresidents who want to do a little bit of fishing and not need a license! I will be sending out more information as usual when I get things situated. I tried to get the electric site, but it was already reserved. They did not take reservations until Jan 4th... I had my stuff in their office Jan 5th. Apparently... there were people standing in line to get reservations bright and early on the 4th according to the lady there. Not sure if I buy that or not, but whatever! At least we got a site!

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Correction.. Saturday is June 5th! My mind was stuck on Jan 4th when I could officially register the site!

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Myself the wife and a few other family members will start planning now to be there . Missed it last year and really wanted to come . Thanks for all the work you do on this . I know you are pretty busy .

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
  5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i should be goin on leave and comin home around then. was planning for chattanooga, but since i missed rend last year, i will make it priority.

6. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner

FREE FISHING DAYS
    During the period of June 11, 12, 13, and 14, 2010, it shall be legal for any person to fish in waters wholly or in part within the jurisdiction of the State, including the Illinois portion of Lake Michigan, without possessing a sport fishing license, inland trout stamp, or salmon stamp.

These are the free fishing days this year so non residents of IL will have to buy a 24 hour License. It cost $5.50.

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I -hate- the DNR folks! I specifically called the office and they told me these days!!! ARG!!!!!

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian is this two years in a row they have steered you wrong? :laugh1::gotu:

9. big_poppa

big_poppa New Member

State:
    tolono,illinois
    can you get me more info sometime, id like to try and make it this year, and meet some new ppl. how big do you plan on going on the shirts

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Are you serious? Two years in a row!?!?

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Well, I have made some calls again and it would appear that there are no shelters available already for that weekend. So... no free fishing weekend for us! Will need to have a temp license if you are an out of stater apparently. Sorry about that fellas... let's try and see if ONE year they will tell me proper information!!! Really, really sick of dealing with DNR folk let me assure you. Noone knows what is going on or have actual trustworthy information.

The shirts this year I do not think I will be able to get in the 5XL... I am gonig with kahki color and I am not 100% the size. I have not had a time to call my shirt man in regards to my options. I will be giving more information when I get the time to do such.

12. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    2010 Rend Lake Gathering

[FONT=&quot]Location: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Rend Lake located in southern Illinois. Wayne Fitzgerrell State Park, Shelter #3[/FONT]

When: June 5th from 11am - 7pm at Wayne Fitzgerrell Shelter #3.

Rough Itinerary:
    Door prizes for attendance
    Raffle and Drawing for very nice items
    Potluck Dinner (bring a dish) with Fried Catfish.
    Small discussions and how-to’s like jug fishing, snelling hooks, map reading, etc.
    See old friends, meet new friends, and enjoy the great outdoors

What to Bring:
    Just yourself and a potluck dish!
    Chairs are optional, as there will be some picnic tables under the pavilion available.
    May wish to bring fishing tackle for discussion purposes and sharing/learning tactics.

Shirts: Cost has not been determined yet. Guessing based on past price will be $15. Not known for sure at this time.
    Shirt Front:
    http://webpages.charter.net/dwhupp/Fishing/Rend 10/Letter Head.jpg
    Shirt Back:
    http://webpages.charter.net/dwhupp/Fishing/Rend 10/rend shirt 2010.JPG

2010 Flier:
    Print as a reminder, share with friends, post around work. Word of mouth is how we will grow!
    http://webpages.charter.net/dwhupp/Fishing/Rend 10/2010 Rend Lake Gathering Flier.pdf

13. big_poppa

big_poppa New Member

State:
    tolono,illinois
    thanks for the info.hopefully ill be there.

14. crappieclint

crappieclint New Member

State:
    Rend lake, IL
    I am almost positive I will be there depending on work, but either way I will for sure buy a XL shirt from you.

15. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    just be sure and bring plenty of that crappie to eat!

16. crappieclint

crappieclint New Member

State:
    Rend lake, IL
    I thought you guys might throw me out of a catfish gathering if I showed up with crappie.LOL

17. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    No Clint... as a matter of fact, I want you to teach me how to crappie fish! I am a virgin to it! :D

18. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    We are tentatively planning on attending this year. Fished there with Garry last year and thought the lake was great.

19. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Sounds awesome Whistler! Would love to finally get to know you. That darn Garry sure does talk a lot about you. Dont worry.. I know he lies.

20. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Guys, when you get this going good, let's do what we're supposed to and move this to the gathering section. Some on this board have no idea why it works better there and are just too stubborn to listen to those of us that have been here so long. Just makes no sense to me. LOL Gathering section for gatherings? Why would anyone look there for a gathering to go to. LOL Anyway, enough of my ranting about those with no simple understanding. Just give the word and I'll move this. Thank Brian, we'll be looking forward to hopefully getting to come.