Rend 09?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by bwhupp, Aug 21, 2008.

1. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Well, I made a few calls and got ahold of someone who had a brain. I know it was discussed to having the free fishing weekend for the state of Illinois for the next Rend Gathering... well the dates for it at June 12-15th. We want to target that date tentatively?

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Also, we will need to setup 'jobs' and such. You still running the show Paul Furry?

3. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    OK with me.

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Sounds good to me!

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That's all that want to input? Shame on you all :smile2:

6. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well Brian,
    I tell you what...The idea on the dates are good...I like the free fishing weekend...as for the jobs and running the show it is simple...We are going to make it very simple this year...Everyone Bring a dish and I will supply the fish and the pavilion...
    The give-aways we will keep out this year unless everyone really just wants them...In that case jobs can be setup...

We will have fishing after dinner for those who wanna participate...

I have been very busy and this is only the 1st or 2nd time I have been on catfish1.com since the gathering...

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Does everyone agree to make it so simple? I am a little bit let down thinking it is just a get together and nothing else to it...

Maybe it is just me, but I thought originally we were using this to encourage catfishing awareness and recruiting new members to the BOC? Is that focus gone now?

8. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I am relatively new to this scene and was not present at this last summer's gathering, but I really like the lofty and admirable goals for this gathering as stated in the previous post. I also understand the desire to make it a simpler process, especially if the help is not there. I don't know any of ya'll involved in this thing, but I only live about an hour north of most of you guys, and maybe another hour north of Rend. If it helps, I would be willing to pitch in. If those in charge of this shindig would PM me, we could discuss it further.

After reading the posts from the last gathering, it sounds like a great event, and if someone needs a hand at ensuring it's another one, then I am willing to help make it happen.

The bigger the event, the more memorable it tends to be. However, it also takes a lot more work. That is not to say that a smaller event cannot be just as memorable. How is that for fence riding:big_smile:.

I really have not earned any right to put forth any opinion, I just wanted to volunteer my assistance. It sounds like I really missed an opportunity to meet some good folks and have a lot of fun last summer. I am hoping not to miss that opportunity next year!

9. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I vote keep it simple, the way to encourage catfishing take someone out and let them tangle with a few and they will be hooked. I was at rend for the last one but didnt attend the actual dinner i just fished and waited for lilkat to ge back so he could take me out and show me some new things he had learned. I went to the carlyle gathering it was small simple and to the point a bunch of great people fishing and a real good supper then fishing again. I was only there the last day but i realy enjoyed the time i was there even though we only caught three fish.

10. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian,
    So sorry you feel let down...As for the bottom line of the Focus of the Rend Lake Gathering...Not real sure how keeping it simple changes that focus...
    Brian,
    Thanks for your help with the Focus of catfishing awareness and recruiting new members to the BOC thru the Rend Lake Gathering in 2008, it is still needed...Hopefully you will keep that focus...

As I stated in my previous post if everyone would like to gather prizes and put on give-aways we can get together and give out jobs and such...Please don't hesitate to post your opinion...

Simple: Dinner and Gather together as a group to talk and fish

or

Extra Activities: Give-Aways and Raffle

11. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    we will help out with whatever,we had fun

12. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hello everyone,

I am going to attempt to post a poll for the 2009 Rend Lake Gathering...

I would like everyone's opinion as to how they would like to see the 2009 Rend Lake Gathering...

Simple with a Dinner and plenty of socializing and fishing....

Or Extra frills with Give-aways and raffles and a big fish tourney to follow dinner...

I will support either way... However this year if the Extra Frills are gone to happen we will need to set up jobs for those interested to keep things spread out and make it fun for everyone...

Jobs such as rounding up prizes to be donated:

Some one to give them away:

Some one to make prize tickets/etc.

Some one to pick a gift to Raffle (Staying in the Catfishing Theme)
    as this is a Catfishing event

Some one to collect money for the Raffle

Some one to collect money for the Big fish tourney

Etc...

Let me know what you all want to do?????

13. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Charlie...

14. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for your support...
    Please go to the poll and vote and let us all know what you would like to see for the Rend Lake Gathering 2009

Thanks again to everyone...I will check back to the poll in a few days to see how things are going just very busy with New Job and Medical issues going on in the home...

I know the 2009 Rend Lake Gathering will be another success either way...

I will set up a Poll with in the next day or so on the Dates for the gathering and get a Confirmed date with an opinion from everyone so we can get the Pavilion Locked in...

15. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Nathen,
    Look forward to seeing you again...

16. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Paul, you are so right! You had a vision and developed a great gathering. We have shared friendship, fellowship, and fun times.
    I do not know about the rest of ya'll but I enjoy helping. Tonto and I have and will continue to assist as needed. But lets not forget what it was developed to be. It is a break for alot of us to meet new friends & share memories with treasured "old" friends :wink: (Sally n Brooke, you hearing me?)
    When it develops to the point of being a "chore" we have lost sight of the vision.
    Hang on to the reigns Paul your doing fine!

17. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    well put bethann,i like to fish with everyone when im there,thats why im on this site to share knowledge,gain knowlegde and to fish with everyone,lol,so i will help out with what ever,just give me a job,this year i would like to spend more time on the water at night when im there,pull in a nice fish at least,anyway we got a good start getting this together early thank you paul,thank you brian.

18. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Bethann,

19. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brother you got a job already...hooking those jugs up and taken those fish off...

LOL

Looking forward to seeing you and Dano again...

20. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    setting jugs?um i said i need a job,not hard labor lol,