removing shad scales from your hands

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catfishrus, Jan 26, 2006.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    just wondering what everbody else is using to remove the shad scales off their hands. seems like im still picking last weeks off this week. makes supper tough sometimes. any suggestions?

2. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Goodluck,I still have scales from last year;)

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Make ya a big ole peanut butter sanwich when you get home, most of them will stick to the bread:)

4. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    Try white vinegar follow with Lava soap.

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    question Jack, do you still eat the sandwich??? umm that sounds good a peanut butter and shad scale sandwich

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    LOL , flathunter. That and a tooth pick.

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    they usually get rubbed off on the turkey ham sandwiches:D if that doesnt get 'em all theyre mostly gone when i lick all the cheese puff residue off my fingers.

8. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    ughhh if that didnt give you chills i dont know what will;)

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Or when I get a big ole dip of copenhagen from my can, cope and shad scales, it dont get any better than that!

10. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    Just an after thought, but have any of you guys with the "samwich" ever have to explain to your wife why you have those little sparkely things in your teeth???? I did see some girls "at one of those places" that had "pasties" with little sparklies that looked just like shad scales. Of course I only went there pick up a friend........

11. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Been there and done that hoss. Wife looks at my clothes when I come in and ask if I killed a stripper since I have blood and the sparkly stuff on my shirt and smell like f...well you know. LOL.

12. sbursik

sbursik New Member

State:
    McKinney Texas
    I like having the scales to pick off at work when I am in a meeting. Reminds me of how much fun I had and how bad work sucks. :p

13. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    You all should do what Big George does:
    Go get a manicure!...W

14. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks for the replies, i guess the bait man was right."shoot.......when i sell a couple more doz out of that tank i think i will jump in and take a bath". them scales sure do feel like kernels of popcorn stuck to your teeth dont they. need to invent something i think it would sell!!!!!!

15. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I don't even try to get them off any more. After spending a hot August afternoon picking several hundred out of gill nets, it doesn't matter how hard you scrub, their still gonna' be stuck to you someplace. I inevitabley find a couple stuck behind my ears while sitting in church a few days later...really grosses the wife out!!! mmmmmm...shad!

16. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i have gone 4 days before after a fishing trip and came back there were shad scales on my forearms and neck