Removed Threads

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DeerHunter01, Aug 8, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Just a reminder, when the staff pulls a thread sometimes there is more to it then whats seen by one or two members feeling we are coming down on them. once a thread is removed I hope most understand not to repost it to keep it going. There is alot made into the decision to remove a thread off the board it is discussed by the staff and then its removed. Sorry but thats the way this has been set up since the BOC was formed.

The thread (Flathead/ kitten/ wd40 retraction/ apology ) I just removed it cause number one its going right back to where we were last night, I also removed the thread last night. I made the decision and I will stay at it, if I wanted it into the high area I would of moved it there, but felt we had some of the same people there that was upset with it in the beginning, so why move it to another place that will keep on going.

Sorry if I upset any of you that I removed it. but thats what is best for the BOC and I will continue to do that into the future.

Thanks
    D/H

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    You don't need to explain, I get several of them removed and move on.

3. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I might as well join the PETA forums......people need to lighten up and quit crying. I cant say anything that doesnt require me to backspace...So ill just end it at that. Ignore this (__))=====D

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Eric Ive had posts pulled in the past that I was upset with. But you guys took the time to explain to me why and it made perfect sense. So I dont fret anymore the judgement of the BOC staff has been spot on every time. Therefore I dont ask why anymore Im sure ther is a good reason and I trust your judgement. So no need to explain you guys do what is right for the community not what one individual feels is right for the BOC. And once again thanks for doing a great job. Terrence O'Shaughnessy:wink:

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    No worrys brother. You're just doing your job! We all know that. I also had a thread pulled either last night or today and I was PM'ed to explain why.

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Did I miss something again. Man I am going to have to quit falling asleep at the key board.:big_smile:

7. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I hate that I missed that thread that title intrigues me.

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I pm a member today informing the member that his thread will probably be pulled. I do not have the authority to delete threads/posts but I do have the authority to recommend that a thread/post to be pulled. Most times the thread/post are pulled. The Position of Sergeant At Arms gives me the authority to request this action to be done. I will never ever have one of your threads/post pulled out of spite. We have rules that we weight before the thread/post are pulled. Thanks for understanding.

9. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Brother you do what is right for the BOC!!!!

10. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Good Grief Eric, you could've at least pm'd me before you did that. Missed it again.

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

no worries, that part of your job and I am glad I am not the one making the decsions to pull what and why. Keep up the good work

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    You are doing what yall agree is best. That is OK by me buddy.

13. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    MAN, working and sleeping is causing me to miss too much action, I may have to give up one or the other!

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sleep, it is overrated. LMAO

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Y'all do whatever you got to do, I've had one or two threads removed since I've been here and didn't get mad, I knew it was pulled for a reason. Keep up the good work.

16. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    my thanks goes out to the mods on here ,you alone protect us from our selves and others ,some posts though we as minions may like or agree with could be the down fall of such a great site for instance who would want to rally against another organization such as PETA they are quite large and im sure the boc has a lot of members but some of our members may be PETA members as well , we should be thankful that Paul and his mods are here to save us alot of greif , keep doing the good work guys and gals

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Just keep what your are doing.Someone has to keep us in line. Personally I wouldn't want your headaches. Do what you think is best for the BOC.Some people need to remember that Paul could pull the plug on this site anytime he choose to . Hope he never does. Were behind you on what ever you all deciede.

18. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Eric. The MODERATORS on this site are there for a reason. That reason is to protect the sanctity of the site, and to protect the members from others, AND themselves. I for one am glad that you are there. We NEED you to take action when its right and we TRUST your decisions.

Thank you for doing what you feel is right.