Removable live well

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by cuttingout69, Aug 27, 2006.

1. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Here are some pics of my new removable live well. I made it out a 55gal drum with a 35 gal drum inside. I plumbed it with PVC and used a 250 GPH marine pump. This well has intake port which is made to except a garden hose, an out put to drain the tank, which also take a garden hose. It has a tank drain and input back into the tank. I can fill it with river water or just aerate the water. I can pump the water from the tank over board or back into the tank. It was fun to build, but a pain in the butt to plumb. If I build another one, I will build it different.

Attached Files:

2. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    here are some more pics. I have not put the top on all the way yet. I still have to figure out how I want hing it. You can see, it looks like some thing NASA would build.

Attached Files:

3. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    some more pics.

Attached Files:

4. vinny

vinny New Member

State:
    ill.
    looks good with a few changes the inlet could be closer to the side of the tank you did a great job on that live well i may take that idea if you would let great post

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Looks good Tony!...I was thinking I would cap the inlet and drill tiny holes in it on the bottom for a spray effect...but I think that will work. Sure looks like a lot of time and effort on that, hope it works out well for you Buddy!:big_smile:

6. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ken what you are talking about with the spray is what I plan on doing, I just had it set up this way to see what it would do. I am worried that if I plug the end, that the back PSI will affect the pump life and performance. I wish I knew where I could get a pop off so the PSI will not build to high. This is a low volume low PSI system. Only 250 GPH, or 4 GPM.

7. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I had a 250 in mine and it worked well..as long as you have enough holes to relieve pressure and good hoses you should have no problem.:big_smile:

8. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Great job Tony. I can't wait to see it in person. I like the double wall tank. that should help with the temp and keep them buggers aline longer. Question: how did you rig it to get water in the boat and back out of the boat?

9. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    OK, I just read the words that go along with the pictures and found the answer to my owm question.

Great job!

10. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Great job Tony, Boy your dedication to your fishin shows up in gold thar. Hope ta see that rig some day. Maybe Friday, iffen ya ain't gotta game. Once againg great job!!!!

11. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    NICE TANK!..

You could always fill the inbetween the tubs for a insulated tank.. Very nice..

12. ratherbracin

ratherbracin New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisiana
    Great lookin' tank, Tony. Looks like you've been very busy. :big_smile:

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Lot of time,effort and pride in that.I am proud of you.It makes me feel good.Thanks for sharing with us.Please don;t forget us in your next project when it comes along.peewee-williams

14. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    foamed it tonight. that is why i used to drums, so i could shoot the insulation inbetween them.

15. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I plan on putting a LED light in this tank so you can see the bottom of the tank at night, which I fish mostly. Dose anyone have any suggestion on what type I sould use? I also plan to put a scale catch on the spray end. I will show that later. I have also found that I don't want the thing to run full time, so I will be adding a on/off switch to the pump. Other than that, I think it is ready to fish with.

16. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Try a side marker light for a trailer.. Should be able to pick one up at walmart cheap ..

17. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    good idea. Thanks. I will try that tomorrow.

18. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    That is one heck of a livewell and it looks like it should work great. I hope it does.Nice job!!

19. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thats an awesome bait tank! Should work great.

20. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    You can pick this up at wal-mart to. Look at the pond lights they will go inside the water and that might light it up the way you want.