Remote Controlled Boats to Run Livebaits

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Apr 21, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyone use remote controlled boats to run your livebaits at night? I am considering checking into purchasing one. Would like some insight on them, and how much weight can one haul? Looking for one that is capable of running 1-2 pound baits out, with the capability of many yards from the bank with a release system. Any advice or help is appreciated....rollo

2. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    YOU ARE WAY TOO FAR INTO TECHNOLOGY .

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    rollo get with poisnon pits. I know he uses one sometimes when the wind ain't right and he can't just cast his bait where he wants.

4. fester

fester New Member

State:
    Arizona
  5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    heres my thinking, i want to be able to run baits when lake fishing out and place them more precisely along creek channels, and around structure using the boat, rather than using my big boat after dark. Hopefully this would be an easier and much more quieter way to do so, allowing me to stay out of the area and hopefully not spooking fish...rollo

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    We had a team from Scio at our Findley tournament Saturday night that used one. I didn't get a chance to see it in action, but you could contact them through their website http://www.hhca.net.tc/.

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I assume they are legal in Ohio, but beware if you travel. Some states, Missouri for example, have banned them.

8. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    CATFISHROLLO NICE FLATHEADS :wink:

9. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    THAT IS A BIG BLUE THAT LOOKS 60LB OR MORE

10. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    WELCOME TO BOC:smile2:

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Do a Google search on baitboats. You'll get lots of hits, but the boats will be smaller boats, not suitable for use in swift water below a dam or powerhouse. But they should work just fine for what you want.

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Rollo,

That idea has crossed my mind for a few years now. I hang out with a bunch of hardcore carp fisherman. One guy you is the president of CAG (BOC of carpfishing) is into European techniques. In Europe, fisherman use remote controlled boats to dump chum for carp. They also use remote controlled boats to drop bait when fishing for the Wels catfish. The logistics of this is plain and simple, to reduce the injury of the bait.

Don't ever think that just because you baitfish hit the water perfectly that it is gonna be OK and lively. I'm sur most of us flathead fisherman has tossed out a bait and all you hear is that horrible/eeerie splash and turn to you friend and say, "That didn't sound too good?". Fisherman instinct says that you bait just belly flopped and got mortally injured.

Europeans like to take everything to the extreme. But it is logical and reduces bait injury thus more lively baits.

13. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    get with poisonpits or baitboat. I know there is a thread w/pics on here somewhere cant find it though!!!!

14. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Get with BAit-Boat on this one his is Top of the line!!!!:wink:

15. camden_blumenschein

camden_blumenschein New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rollo,

My name is Camden Blumenschein and I'am the Vice President of the Harrison Hills Catfishing Association. We use a remote controlled boat when our regular boat can't go. It works real well. we are able to drop 18 inch pieces of bait with it. We attache to velcro straps th the back and when the boat gets out far enough we pull the line and teh velcro releases the bait. Only down fall to this is no perception of depth. Other than that, it works. Just use a large rubber band to attack a small hat light so you can see it.

16. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I seen a small fish boat at wally world.:smile2:

17. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Like Blacky already stated the carp fisherman use them. It must be gaining in popularity because the local sporting good store had some. They where some mean little boats think they around $250 or so....Tempting to say the least...I guess it will be good idea where there isn't a lot of boat traffic...

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    camden, can you give me more information on where you bought it and how much??? rollo

19. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    There are plans in the library for a bait boat. Check it out and maybe build your own.

20. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    rollo i didnt buy mine i built it myself out of scrap lumber and styrofoam that i got from the game warden.it takes 2 rods to put the bait out.it has a swing arm on the front that swings around to the front of boat when you bring it back to the bank.i use sewing thread to tie off the rod with the bait and when it gets to where i want it i just give the rod a quick snap and break the thread.works real good in day time but at night its hard to see where your line is and some times i get it wound up in the trolling motor.