Remote control Boats

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by claycntyjoe, May 15, 2006.

1. claycntyjoe

claycntyjoe New Member

State:
    Northern Kentucky
    Has anybody used one for bait delivery or with a fish finder?

2. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    I have seen it used for bait delivery on Arkansas River below dams but was years ago. Could get bait close to gates with boat and had remote drop it was neat.

3. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I use a "Bait shuttle" occasionally. It is not remote operated, but controlled by a second fishing rod. There have been quite a few discussion's about them on this board! I can get my bait out 300 yards!

4. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There is one post I saw a few weeks ago about a RC Boat made with a trolling motor. I looked for it but can't find it. That would be the one I would want.

5. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Sounds like a cool idea!!!! Could work great for chumming too!!!

6. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    my kid had a r/c boat (electric). i tied 20ft of 10 lb mono on the back, tied on a #1 mepps bucktail and trolled around a small pond. a #3 lb bass hit it and drug the boat under water. luckily there was a canoe on the bank and i chased the bass down and saved the boat. my kid was pi$$ed, the boat was ok, the ba$$ was tasty.
    i have started on another boat. it is cut out of a foam block 6" thick, 18' wide, 45" long. it will be an airboat with a weed wacker motor, and a 1/4 scale model airplane prop. i hope it isn't too loud, might have to fish long line planer boards. think i will put a clothes pin on the back so i can run out r & r lines, or maybe a servo controlled release to drop jugs, depth charge style.
    don't need to hear any cr&p about poachin, morals, fair chase. this will be done on a private pond with a case of beer, sitting on the dock laughing. i am sure the fish will have the advantage.

7. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Now are you talking about a bait delivery boat or a dam boat? What I consider a bait delivery boat is little RC craft (like you buy in Radio Shack) that you can motor your bait out to an exact spot or maybe hard spot like underneath a tree, where casting is prohibitive. They had one of these profiled in an In-Fisherman several years ago and I built one and used it several trips, but it proved more of a pain then it was worth for my patience level. I also had it trailing a transducer from a SmartCast so I could see what was below the boat.

Now a dam boat is either RC or controlled via a R&R, and is commonly used to motor out baits to tailwaters past the distance of the average caster. These are considerably larger and more expensive. We have a RC shop here in Tulsa that makes a Cadillac version at a Mercedes price.

http://www.wings-n-things.com/dboat/index.htm

Attached Files:

8. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i got one i will sell that i made if someone is interested pm me

9. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    thanks for the picture. I thought you were saying "whaat i sometimes ca:smile2: ll my boat"

10. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I read an article one time that used a toy boat. They laid the bait on top and pinched the line with a down rigger release. When the boat gets where you want it just pull the line out of the release. $30 and you have it.

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    $749.00 for a Dam boat...bet you wish you could tell which dam I was referring too. LOL

12. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Awshucks there Lawrence [Pun intended]... You know you want it... Maybe they'll knock off $5 if you buy 2 :0010:

13. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri