Remote control boat

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Duzy, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Duzy

Duzy New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Does anyone have plans or ideas to build a small fairly inexpensive remote control boat for taking your line and bait out to a hot spot?

Thanks

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Here are some photo's I took at the Keystone gathering this past June. I am sorry to not have recorded the owner's name, but I believe Whistler can provide it if your interested or if the individual observes these pics. There are four pics which I will have to post in two threads. I do hope someone is available which can give a narrative with the pics. I'm sure I could build one from the pics and my memory, but I did have the owner explain the process to me. LOL Hope these help you.

Attached Files:

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    And the fourth pic. Another possibility is to buy one off the net for $900.00+

Attached Files:

4. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Ive seen something similar at a local lake where the handicapable people fish. A guy had a r/c boat that would take their line/bait out a distance in the water and he had a switch that make the boat dump the hook and what it was baited with. This way, the handicapable people could fish, but it was obvious that they were unable to cast out their lines. I was so impressed with this idea and concept.
    The only thing is, could you imagine a HUGE flattie trying to get to your bait before you had a chance to dump it? It would be like the movie Jaws..... "Your gonna need a bigger boat..."

Tight lines to ya!!

Kenny

5. Duzy

Duzy New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Looks fairly simple, trolling motor, battery, styrofoam, plywood. I have a friend who is into rc airplanes, I will see if he can help. Thanks for the pictures AwShucks.

6. Duzy

Duzy New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I think I will try to build my RC boat out of 4" pvc, kinda like a pontoon boat. Do ya think that will work?

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Awshucks,

Catter5000(Allen) had that boat there. He's on the board so he can be PM'd and he'd be happy to tell you about his bait boat. He showed us how it works and it's great. And very easy to use.

8. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    should everyone thats interested pm him, or would it be easier for him to just post the info in the library?

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Thanks Whistler. Is that your first post since catching the big un? Figgured you had been resting up. lOL

10. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Daniel,I am retiring in a couple of weeks so maybe I can get the boat out and make some drawings. I can not remember all the measurments so I will need to check every thing to make sure. I will also make a parts list.This boat design has been modified over the years and is as good as they get.I do not use radio controlled boats,seen to many of them float down he river when a wire came loose or the battery died.Mine is a little more trouble to use,but you always have it at the end of the day.I will also bring it to KEYSTONE again this year for anyone thats interested.

11. Duzy

Duzy New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Catter5000, I hope the two weeks goes by fast. Enjoy your retirement.

12. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    neat idea, but i'll stick to casting. If i really need my bait that far away from where i am achored i will just pull up anchor and move there. but would be fun to drive that around.