Remote Control Boat for bait Deployment

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by mrtwister, Aug 28, 2008.

1. mrtwister

mrtwister New Member

State:
    Kansas
    If you are like me and love to lake fish for flathead, you know one of the most important decisions you will make is where and at what depth to drop your live bait.
    The real trouble with that is, I can't swim. So when I'm wading my pearch
    out to drop them, going barely over belly deep is a real test of bravery or stupidity......either one I guess.
    Has anyone ever tried to outfit an R/C boat for running out bait?
    I saw on the net that in Europe they use bait boats to chum their fishing
    areas with corn for carp fishing.
    So why would'nt the same principal work for catfishing and has anyone tried it ? :confused2:

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Rex! There are several members who use RC boats, but they are used more often below dams & powerhouses than up on lakes; that requires a much more stable and powerful design that what is needed just to get your bait out on a calm lake. Which is nice when you go to buy one, because the small RC boats are much cheaper than the big ones! But I'd think that a small one would work just great for your purpose.

3. KentuckyCatfish

KentuckyCatfish New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Never tried it, but it sounds like a good idea. Ive used one a few timeswhen fishing by the dam. Some people have to be told to stay out of the red zone near dams, but as for me Im a little nervous getting up that close so a rc is right down my alley.... Ive also heard of a custom made deal that kind of works like a outrigger, people use it to "drift" their bait, and when they get a good bite the line releases from the boat... So either way, I think you might have a good idea to help you with youre swimming issue.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Rex.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Rex.

6. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    never used one but i thought it would be cool to use one and hook up one of those smart cast fishfinders to be able to tell what the water depth is

7. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    welcome rex :0a25:great idea using an r/c boat wonder if its legal to do?