Remington Buying Marlin

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Jesse168, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Remington to Acquire Marlin Firearms

Deal positions Marlin and its various brands for growth
    December 26, 2007: 04:08 PM EST

MADISON, N.C., Dec. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Remington Arms Company, Inc. ("Remington" or "the Company") the only manufacturer of both firearms and ammunition for Hunting, Law Enforcement/Security, Government & Military applications in the United States, today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Marlin Firearms Company, Inc. ("Marlin"). The transaction is expected to close by the end of January 2008.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...mington-acquire-marlin-firearms_418888_9.html

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I hope they don't change things around.

3. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I own a couple of Marlin rifles and in my opinion they are some of the best you can buy at a very reasonable price. I also own some Remington firearms and while they are more aesthetically pleasing the functionality of them seems to be of no better quality than the Marlins I own, although I did pay quite a higher price for them. I sure hope Remington doesn't change that. I also wonder what will happen to the other brands of Marlin.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats sad ,no more reasonable priced rifles

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I dont see Remington coming into a successful company and making sweeping changes. You dont fix what isnt broke.
    For example, I didnt know Marlin owned H&R and a few others which Remington will now own. Remington isnt just buying Marlin in this deal.

The man at the head of the ship for Marlin is still going to be running Marlin.
    I believe Marlin will still be one of the budget minded rifles and I doubt you'll ever be able tell Marlin is owned by Remington.

6. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    I personally look for Remington to be more of a holding company towards Marlin. With Remington & Marlin under the same tent there will be less worry about another firearm manufacturer being taken over by foreign investors. Remington & Marlin have always been strong American made companies and together they will have better prospects of keeping it that way.
    I don't look for a new lever action with Remington's name on it but I do look for interaction between plants. Most of what I look for is sharing patents and when work is slow in one plant the other could help.

Jesse

7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    You can believe that the name of the game is money,All the rest is pure speculation on everyones part.

I am 62.I have heard all that has been said on the BOC about companies proved wrong many times in my life time.Time and only time will tell as it always does.

Just be thankful for what you already have.The future has always been speculation no matter how secure we think or have thought it was or was not.I am proof of that by outliving millions of people in the last 5 years that planed on a "Secure" future.

I like Remington,but their guns don't point naturally or never felt comfortable like some other makes do to me.They do GREAT for millions.Out of over 50 "Powder" firearms,I owned a very old Remington Peep sight 22 Target rifle 510P "Tack driver"which fits and a 572 1960's 22 S,L,LR pump which is awkward feeling but a "tack driver" and will shoot with my Ruger 10-22 factory Target rifle with hunting ammo.With high priced target ammo,the Ruger's "match chamber and barrel will edge them out.I had Marlin 880 SQ,881 and 39A that shoot right with it and are more accurate than my Marlin 336C 30-30.I ain't shot a Remington make rifle since I got out of the military.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i hope we don't see a russian made model 60 anytime soon.

9. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There will probably be some "new" models coming out of both brands! I am sure the powers at be are looking to INCREASE revenue for sure! Marlin and Remington and H & R are all GOOD reputable brands, and have something good to offer!:wink: