Remington 710 safety recall

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by JAYNC, Nov 3, 2005.

1. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Just thought I would make people aware. go to this link and type in your serial number and see if its effected.

http://www.remington.com/NR/exeres/...907AA4EAA5}&NRQUERYTERMINATOR=1&cookie_test=1

MODEL 710®
    PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING
    AND RECALL NOTICE

Remington Arms Company, Inc. is voluntarily recalling a limited number of Model 710 bolt-action rifles as a result of its discovery, during routine test firing, that some Model 710 rifles manufactured between July and October 2002 may have been assembled with an improperly made "Safety Detent Spring." Although unlikely, there is a possibility that the manual safety arm mechanism in such a rifle could fail to fully return to the "safe" or "on" position.

If you own a Model 710 rifle please enter your serial number below to determine if your firearm needs to be inspected or repaired as part of the recall.

2. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    WOW!
    Thanks for sharing such important info JAYNC. They don't always get this type of info out to all of the owners when there is a safety issue, mainly due to so many buying used guns.

3. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    JAYNC thanks for the tip. I was looking at getting one of those but your post just changed my mind completely. Thank you from allowing me to make a mistake.